Is anyone so fed up with Samsung that they are thinking about going to something else?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I use Samsung Internet, BIXBY I've just started using since global release of the voice assistant yesterday and have been impressed so far and call me a whatever but I also love the fingerprint sensor on the back can easily unlock whilst taking from my pocket, or whilst opening the case (I use folio case)

We are all different we all have our own preferences just because you happen to think things are useless doesn't mean that they are :)
I like the fingerprint on the back myself also.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I am done with Samsung. my next phone will most likely a pixel.
horrid battery, redundant and bad apps (except Samsung browser), the lock screen is atrocious, laggy.
I use a Moto z play for work and have had it about a year. never once have I had to restore it or clear the cache and it runs like a top. I have to restore my S7 about every other month because it just runs like crap. The fingerprint sensor is far and away better and works like it should. touch it and it unlocks and opens the phone, touch it again and it locks the phone. double tap a notification and it opens, fingerprint if it's locked.
The S8 offered nothing except bixby. I wanted the note 8 but it's an S8 with a small battery and pen.
Samsung pay has been the only thing keeping me, and with them offering up the app next year. why stay.
There is night and day difference between the S7 and s8. Bixby is not The highlight of the s8, not even close.

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I had the S4 and currently use the S7 Edge, but I am jumping ship when my upgrade comes around. My s7e runs like garbage. The first 5 or 6 months I had no issues, now it's like my phone took a step back 5 years in technology. I've been on Android pretty much exclusively since 2009, but I think it's time I head to Apple or the Pixel and give them a fair shot. It certainly can't be any worse.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
There is night and day difference between the S7 and s8. Bixby is not The highlight of the s8, not even close.

I did not say it was a the highlite. I said it was the only thing that was actually different. It may be faster and have a slightly better camera but so what. I have been with samsung since the note 2. Every new model all the reviews come out and say how awesome it is, but they always lag. My Moto G5+ should not run smoother and load games faster, it should not transition screens better. Period. Samsung tends to over complicate things.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I did not say it was a the highlite. I said it was the only thing that was actually different. It may be faster and have a slightly better camera but so what. I have been with samsung since the note 2. Every new model all the reviews come out and say how awesome it is, but they always lag. My Moto G5+ should not run smoother and load games faster, it should not transition screens better. Period. Samsung tends to over complicate things.
I have been with Samsung since note 2 also, and the s8 series was their best update to date, note 7 was but i don't count that since it was recalled.

Sounds like Motorola is for you, you found what works for you, that's the main thing. What works for someone usually isn't over complicated for them.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like Motorola is for you, you found what works for you, that's the main thing. What works for someone usually isn't over complicated for them.

My Issue with Samsung is that they keep skipping fixing the big issues and totally ignore it's long time problems. But with every awesome thing they do, like Samsung Pay, keeping wireless charging, water resistance, the best screen and arguably the best camera on the market, they totally cover their eyes to make day to day simple use not simple. Being able to use google assistant while the screen off, have to use three motions to unlock the screen, terrible updates (please don't give me the "it's the carriers doing it") just ask the unlocked buyers.
But dang, that note looks good, and I miss mine. Haven't had one since the 3.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
My Issue with Samsung is that they keep skipping fixing the big issues and totally ignore it's long time problems. But with every awesome thing they do, like Samsung Pay, keeping wireless charging, water resistance, the best screen and arguably the best camera on the market, they totally cover their eyes to make day to day simple use not simple. Being able to use google assistant while the screen off, have to use three motions to unlock the screen, terrible updates (please don't give me the "it's the carriers doing it") just ask the unlocked buyers.
But dang, that note looks good, and I miss mine. Haven't had one since the 3.
Yeah, I've been looking the note 8 over, but I think I'm going to wait a couple months for sales

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
My first Samsung Android phone was the S7E and because of its awesome experience, I decided to get the S8+. My S7E had no issues whatsoever, including no lags and the best battery life. It could be because it was an Exynos model with up-to-date software but my Snapdragon S8+ is comparatively better. Outside of the occasional software glitch with the navigation menu, I can't complain.

Last edited:

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Nope have had note 4, 2 note 7 which I loved v20, s8 plus and waiting for my note 8.had 1 minor issue with my exchange account setting up on the 8 plus. But absolutely pleased with Samsungs. The V20 was nice.