My phone has started to have a hard time executing Google Assistant commands. Just me?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Over the past 3 days, my S8+ is having incredible difficulty doing things like sending a text message using my voice in Android Auto. It will either tell me it doesn't know how to help me (when it has helped me for months) or it will start the process then start claiming it can't understand anything I am saying.

For example:

Me: "Ok Google... send a text message to Bob SameGuyIAlwaysText"
Google: "Sorry, I can't do that yet." (or the like)
Me: "Ok Goolge, send a text"
Google: "Who would you like to text?"
Me: "Bob SamGuyIAlwaysText"
Google: "I don't understand."
Repeat that
Google: "Try saying just the first name..."
Me: "Bob"
Google: "There are three Bobs, <says all names>, who would you like to text?"
Then I say the name, it acts like it has no idea what I'm saying, and eventually says something like "Since I am having trouble understanding you, try when it is safe to use your screen."

Setting reminders has become equally frustrating.

What has happened??? I've been doing this flawlessly. Now it acts like it can't hear me.

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
it happened to me with bixby altho only for a few minutes...I just locked the phone and opened it again and then it started following my commands normally

capmgn

Oct 24, 2017
Visit site
This is happening to me on my S8+ as well. I can't call or send messages with Google Assistant, but things like Maps work still. It seems to have broken randomly as I don't specifically recall any new apps or updates around when it broke. I was able to clear Google App data and it started working for a few hours before breaking again.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
For Android Auto, I think I figured how to fix it. I cleared the cache on Android Auto and uninstalled it. I rebooted (maybe not necessary). I reinstalled. Set it up again. Now it works.... so far so good after 3 days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non