Great experience with Samsung Service Centre

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Much to my dismay, I recently noticed some dead pixels on the screen of my beloved S8+.

I dropped into the Samsung Service Centre (Mississauga, ON -- if you're interested) to have them take a look. The CSR took a brief look at it, saw there was no damage to my Ghost Armor screen protector that would indicate a drop and said they'd replace it, no problem. About 2 hours later, it was ready.

And, he told me that when they ran their full diagnostic (S.O.P.) they noted that my battery was not 100%, so they replaced that as well. Again, no cost. On very close inspection, it also looks like the glass back was replaced. There were remanants of a film around one corner of the back. Perhaps this was necessary to access the battery and restore the water resistance afterward.

So, I have a new screen, back and battery, with the whole device still under warranty.

The only downside is that I have to replace the Ghost Armor ($5 since the kiosk will replace it in situations like this) and my dbrand Dragon skin on the back. Small change in the big picture.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nice! Most stories you hear are horror ones, but yours seems like it went pretty smoothly! Good for you, Sammy! And good for you, too! Virtually new phone :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress