Lock Screen & Security notification

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I set my S8+ to treat the uConnect in my car as a Trusted Device. Every time I start my car, I hear a sound alert, which I believe is my notifcation that the Trusted Device has been found. How can I disable this sound/notification? Thanks.

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I'll bump my post to say that, after speaking with Verizon tech support, it appears that this is not possible. The only suggestion that Verizon offered did not have anything do do with notifications. However, if anyone ever comes up with a way to shut off the Bluetooth notification sound, please post back.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
FWIW I have my S8+ synced to UConnect on my '14 Grand Cherokee and don't recall ever hearing a tone when it connects.

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
FWIW I have my S8+ synced to UConnect on my '14 Grand Cherokee and don't recall ever hearing a tone when it connects.

Thanks! There probably is a difference in our UConnects. Mine is a 4C NAV UAQ. I'm not sure that should matter, but Verizon also had no answer, and no one can find a setting our phone. I'm running Android 8.1 The phone beeps on connect and disconnect.