Switching apps taking >7seconds

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Galaxy S8 and in the last few days I've had significant slowdowns when I switch from one app to another using the app switcher soft button (haven't been able to find the proper name for it).

I've tried restarting and memory purges and I'd prefer not to factory reset if avoidable.

Dano1200r

Nov 26, 2017
Visit site
Have you installed a virus program which can slow things down? Did you go into settings and select to use data or wifi depending on the strength of the signal?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Wipe cache partition. Run the built in cleaner/manager. Close all recent apps from the background.
That's a start...

Caprainno

Jan 5, 2018
Visit site
Dano I have a virus program but I have nothing related to wifi depending on signal, and my wifi was off when I made initial post.

Tim, I ran the built in cleaner thing and closed background apps. No change. :(

Jackhklee

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
I only have security master as my app.. Don't really use it for viruses ( it can ), but I use it for clearing data, and finding info about my phone

Smply_Rckless

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Any apps accessing accessibility ? Those can slow the home down. Also, go to apps, three dots top right corner. Select special access, apps that appear on top. Three dots again. Go thru & uncheck everything u don't use. Then shut the phone off. Once off, press & hold the volume up, bixby button & power until the blue screen pops up. Once in there, scroll using the volume down key to clear cache partition. Once done. Restart the phone. That should do the trick.

Jackhklee

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
What does unchecking it do? I have some hacked apps like Tutu which drains my battery, but I still use it... should I uncheck it?

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Your app is from notorious Cheetah Master. No phone runs properly with their junk. Nor Device Maintenance.

And yes u would set the phone up as new and avoid restoring from current backup.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87