After updating my Galaxy S8 last week, my SD card, with 1000+ pictures is corrupted. I removed the card and installed it in my old S5, which has not been updated, and it says it is still corrupted. Obviously this is a problem, and one that could have been avoided with a simple warning before the update. But that's probably asking too much.
    03-30-2018 09:46 AM
    No more than coincidence perhaps?
    03-30-2018 10:06 AM
    I always remove anything not part of the phone before doing an update and usually factory reset after the major update to make sure that nothing can cause anything to go wrong and if something does go wrong the warranty usually covers the phone if things go bad.

Also, google photo's is free to upload all your pics for backup purposes (so when things like this happens, at least you'll have your images)

Sucks to hear this happen to you. I hope some how it fixes itself or you find out a fix and I highly recommend doing a monthly/quarter year backup (Leave phone on charger all night and let the phone upload your DCIM folder... most of the time it's all done before you even get up)
    03-30-2018 10:16 AM
    I have precisely the same issue on my S8+ after the 8.0 update last week. What a crock, huh. Even doing regular backups doesnt save your important recent items. Thanks a lot you faceless someone I can't reach with my fork.
    indysteve9 likes this.
    03-30-2018 01:55 PM
    If you back up your important items, they're backed up. with 50GB of free cloud space available at MEGA, and more available on other cloud accounts, and unlimited picture space available on Google, there's no reason to not have the entire phone backed up.
    badcat and lgGslateuser like this.
    03-30-2018 02:13 PM
    My sd card is also corrupt but when I put it in an adapter and then my PC the files were there so I did a backup of everything

Did you try reading it through an adapter in your computer?
    03-31-2018 11:09 AM
    The same thing happened to me. I took the card out of the phone and my PC reads it just fine. I am backing it up now.
    04-14-2018 08:00 AM
    My sd card is also corrupt but when I put it in an adapter and then my PC the files were there so I did a backup of everything

Did you try reading it through an adapter in your computer?
    When I plugged my s8 into my computer, it didn't register the SD card at all... I had thousands of photos on there and a few videos. I cant get back most of the photos if this is proving to be an actual problem.....
    05-19-2018 05:36 PM
    Ya updating to Oreo messed my 128 gig card up to. I tried another card. It worked until I rebooted my phone and now it's corrupt to. Wipeing cashe on phone did nothing, formatting the cards on the phone doesn't fix it. My computer sees the cards fine. Everything was fine until I updated to Android 8.0 what a pain the the butt.

Using a SG S7 edge
    06-17-2018 06:26 PM
    Same band wagon, but I can't get the tray to remove the card to open, looks like its stuck there, luckily, when I restarted my phone, the card was visible again, first thing I've done, connect the phone to PC and I'm backing it up right now as I'm writing this. Brother lost a 64gb microsd card multiple times on his Galaxy S5, the card works just fine if used in card reader on PC, but it keeps getting corrupted when used in his phone, and he tried multiple sd cards, so its not just 1 card, strangely, I never ever experienced this issue before on both my Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S7, just hope its not gonna start on me, or I won't trust Samsung anymore for my next phone in september
    06-20-2018 11:14 AM
    This, I think, is a common problem. Every Samsung phone that I’ve owned (starting with the S5) has not played well with sd cards. I don’t have a Samsung now, but on my last one that I had (S8) I stopped using sd cards.
    06-21-2018 07:05 PM
    For me, I never had any bad luck with sd cards yet, crossing my fingers cause I take a crap ton of pictures and videos while on vacations, I usually download them to my laptop (I never travel without it) for backup purposes, thankfully so far it doesn't seem to be a problem anymore, since I restarted the phone yesterday, the card is still there and no problems to report, I guess it may have been misplaced by a wrong move and now its alright.
    06-21-2018 08:11 PM
    After updating my Galaxy S8 last week, my SD card, with 1000+ pictures is corrupted. I removed the card and installed it in my old S5, which has not been updated, and it says it is still corrupted. Obviously this is a problem, and one that could have been avoided with a simple warning before the update. But that's probably asking too much.
    well, glad to know it wasn't just me... but my 128 gb card began crapping out on my S8+ long before the 8.0 Android update...
    06-28-2018 12:29 PM
    The whole Samsung Galaxy line has serious problems with sd cards corrupting randomly out of nowhere, thanks for my luck, it never happened to me (knocking on wood), but my brother has lost numerous pictures on his Galaxy S5. I'm due to get a new phone in September, still unsure which brand it will be, I may change to another brand, I need specific things, sd card slot, phone jack (mandatory), ideally a replaceable battery, and 4gb of ram or more so I don't get a slow entry line phone that takes forever to load any apps.
    06-28-2018 12:42 PM
    I just had the same thing happen to me. I've had a lot of samsung phones and always use an sd card, this is the 1st time it's happened to me. I'm pretty bummed about it - no pc to attempt to read it.
    08-05-2018 12:00 AM
    Just adding to the list. I have a Note 8 and it has corrupted a 64MB and a 128MB sd card. I'm thinking my next phone won't be a Samsung.
    08-22-2018 07:36 PM
    Just adding to the list. I have a Note 8 and it has corrupted a 64MB and a 128MB sd card. I'm thinking my next phone won't be a Samsung.
    Those are some old cards then.
    08-23-2018 01:06 AM
    Guess he was referring to 128gb and 64gb cards here, I don't think we can find 64mb or 128mb microsd cards anymore.
    08-23-2018 01:08 AM
    Guess he was referring to 128gb and 64gb cards here, I don't think we can find 64mb or 128mb microsd cards anymore.
    whose to say he didn't have old ones?

I have a 16mb card that I use sometimes to backup SMS convos when factory resetting a phone or moving from one phone to another
    08-23-2018 12:02 PM
    Some of the music files on the SD card on my S8 won't play. I can see the files, and they used to work, but they do not work now. I wonder if this is the same thing: albeit I've disabled software updates on mine so it's still on the same version it always was.
    08-23-2018 12:36 PM
    Just happened to me as wellon my Galaxy A8 2018.
    09-21-2018 06:45 PM
    I encourage every person who stumbles upon this forum and has been experiencing Samsung SD card problems to please add a quick comment to this forum topic. Why? Other potential Samsung buyers would use this information when making buying decisions, and secondly, this issue might actually reach the device support and development group at Samsung.

Yes, since the last Samsung update, my Samsung Galaxy S8+ SD had become unstable. I can see no pattern, all I know is that periodically my 64gb SD Card is no longer seen by my device.

I can use the same card on other devices without any problems, however, the same SD card is randomly either available and working on my S8-Plus, our the SD card of not seen by my S8-Plus.

Turing my S8-Plus does not fix the random SD card working or not working problem.

This unstable device recognition of my S8-Plus SD card has created a huge problem for me. I depend on the SD card daily as my device storage for all my immediate work files, photo, videos, etc.

I've not found a reliable fix for this problem, yet.

Regards...
    09-28-2018 01:01 PM
    I just took my card out and reinserted it and it worked.
    11-01-2018 08:44 AM
    This began happening just a few weeks after my 128GB SanDisk warranty was over. I pulled the card and put it in the SD adapter for my desktop and all files were fine. I pulled copies as backup. Now whenever a folder goes missing I just copy back from my desktop.

Today though, the MTP is painfully slow... 3 hours for 125 photos? This is my first time playing with transfers since the most recent update from Samsung.

--
    Cellular One Motorola Brick > LG VX4100 > Palm VX > Palm Treo > Palm Pre+ > Nokia 920 > Nokia 1520 > Samsung Galaxy Note 4 > Samsung Galaxy S8+
    11-02-2018 01:14 AM
    Just chiming in for my 2 cents.
    I have a Samsung Tab S 10.1"
    My SD card is a generic 32gb card.
    After last update my SD card became unusable and the games installed there also corrupt.
    This may seem prejudice or stereotypical of me but,
    Every damn Korean product I've ever purchased in the last 20+ years has been nothing but crapola by the 100th degree!
    It never works right, breaks right after warranty and never gets support.
    Samsung, in my personal opinion as a 49 American Veteran is ( SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP, SAMSUNG IS CRAP! DEAL WITH YOUR PURCHASE )
    11-29-2018 05:37 AM