AT&T Galaxy S8 Unable to download/update theme store

mcoomer

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm not able to setup themes from my settings. This is a new S8 company phone with Oreo, that I received yesterday. I go to Settings>Wallpapers and themes. When I tap it, themes begin to open but then I'm taken to a screen to update Samsung Themes. Tapping update starts the process of downloading and installing but it never completes. I've restarted the phone, cleared cache, checked that button shapes was not selected in Accessibility>Vision, and tried to do the update in Safe Mode. Nada. I've had no problems updating other installed apps.

As I mentioned, phone is a company phone and there are some things running on it that aren't found on a typical users phone (VPN, security, encryption, etc.). I may try to reset it, update everything, then reinstall all the work related stuff to see if that allows the Samsung stuff to update and run. Beyond that, I'm out of ideas.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

mcoomer

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Fixed it. Obviously something that my employer loads on the phone was interfering with the update process for Samsung apps. Factory reset, performed the regular phone setup, and updated all the apps. After that, went into Settings>Wallpapers and Themes and was able to download and install with no problems. Now, I just have to reinstall my work stuff and all will be well...I hope.