Outlook app is broken (crashes) after updating to Pie

dengorman

May 6, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

My Samsung S8 received the Pie update a few days ago, and since then, the Outlook app just won't stay open. It just crashes not long after opening it. I have tried reinstalling, delete browser cache, wipe cache partition...nothing seems to fix it.

It feels like incompatibility issue with Pie.

Anyone else using the Outlook app on S8 running official Pie with no problems?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Individual apps not working on new versions of Android is a developer problem. Contact the developer (Microsoft isn't the only one making an email app called Outlook) and advise them. (Make sure that you'e updated to the latest version - Pie has been out for a while.)

ManofGod1000

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
Individual apps not working on new versions of Android is a developer problem. Contact the developer (Microsoft isn't the only one making an email app called Outlook) and advise them. (Make sure that you'e updated to the latest version - Pie has been out for a while.)

Ummm, what? Outlook is a Microsoft only thing, as far as email goes, anyways. Also, I have no issues with the Outlook app, other than it does not have Dark Mode. :( Sounds like a reboot of the phone is needed and perhaps a complete reset of the app so that the email accounts are fully removed and can be added again.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I have had no issues with Microsoft Outlook app on my Galaxy S8 after Pie update. I updated a few weeks ago -- Verizon Galaxy S8.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
My employer just switched all our accounts to Office 365. Due to how they configured security settings, nobody has been able to get Outlook to work on Android devices. My coworker and I figured out how to get our work email on our Samsung devices. We had to remove all related accounts from our devices, clear cache, begin to configure Samsung Email using Exchange. It would go through the essential security configuration and would then stop. At that point we would have to exit the Email app, reopen it, and this time select Office 365 instead of Exchange. Then we could successfully configure and get our Outlook data. However, when our passwords were required to be changed (time mandated by employer) we what to completely were all accounts and related apps from our devices and follow the convuleted process steps again.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Last sentence should have read completely remove all related accounts and Email app, then repeat all steps from beginning, but with new password.