My Samsung Galaxy S9+ has a 120GB SD card which I use alot, like a thumb drive.
    I am constantly downloading, moving and removing those files.

several times this past year I have noticed that I run out of space. Both Android sotrage and windows say this. But when I add up all the files, I should have 90GB free.

While connected to windows, I moved all folders and files off the SD card, then I moved it back. After doing that, I have 90GB free. I did not delete anything, run any kind of cleaner, I just moved files off and back on.

This proves to me that Android thinks I am using space on the SD card when I am not.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this is happening and how it can be corrected?

Thanks

Mike
    04-29-2022 12:37 PM
    Welcome to Android Central.

FYI this is posted in the S6 forums. On the main page of Samsung devices there is an S9 S9+ forum. The S6 forum probably doesn't see a lot of traffic which might be part of why you haven't received a reply yet. We can ask a moderator to put this in the S9 threads. @mustang7757.

Perhaps these two threads can answer your question;

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-t...storage-device

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...IyUwXGdxD8-Nde
    mustang7757 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-30-2022 02:35 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I moved this thread to the S9 forum.

It's also possible the card is counterfeit, and is actually smaller than the stated storage size. See this: How to Spot a Fake MicroSD Card and Avoid Being Scammed
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-30-2022 12:19 PM