Are you switching to the S9/S9+?

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, just wanted to hear some of your opinions about the new phone since it's getting officially announced today and if you are gonna upgrade or wait for the S10 or another phone altogether

Personally, I got my S8 from best buy unlocked for $424 (sale plus trade in of a S6)

So if I can get $400 ish for my S8 and find the S9 with a deal (best buy usually offers a huge discount a few weeks after release or like a $200 gift card with purchase) then I'm all for giving the S9 a shot, I know it's not a huge upgrade but I usually hold phones for years and years so maybe this year I'm gonna upgrade right away (if the price is right) :)

Ramon Castillo1

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
Hell yeah. Much improvement to the camera that exceeds the Note 8 and much faster chip. However, most likely the Note 9 will focus on the screen (more resolution and dolby vision?) and fingerprint sensor under the screen. Samsung seems to focus on things on each line and they chose camera focus for the S9 line.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the Samsung upgrade programme for both my S8 and S8+ so I'll be getting both of them. Can't wait.....

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes, improved camera, Tmo 600mhz support, improved wifi with simultaneous dual band support and Bluetooth to multi device simultaneously. I'm sure there's more, this was enough for me.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm on the Samsung upgrade programme for both my S8 and S8+ so I'll be getting both of them. Can't wait.....
How does this work? I was reading about it and they confused me when they said they will apply credit for the payments you have made.

Can you explain what they mean?

Philipmom

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to wait and see what's happening with the note 9 and X then pick between the two. If the X is a folding phone I might pass since that really new tech can be sorta glitchy.

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Can upgrade every year with sprint. Not much I want to upgrade. Going to wait and see what the Note 9 has to offer in August.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'll wait it out for the note 9 the note 9 will get everything the s9 has and added features. Plus I do use the s pen a lot so I'll wait. It will be hard because I love new phones. We will see if I have the strength to wait it out lol.

Ramon Castillo1

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
I am already up for a upgrade for verizon. I am paying the S8 monthly and as long as i pay at least 50% of the phone, I can upgrade free of charge. I perfer this route than paying full price for a phone.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I am already up for a upgrade for verizon. I am paying the S8 monthly and as long as i pay at least 50% of the phone, I can upgrade free of charge. I perfer this route than paying full price for a phone.
I'm on the same path with ATT I'm waiting for March 2nd to get here for my pre order. I just hope the globe offers the blue @ launch.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
probably not. i only got the s8 plus because i wanted a bigger screened phone and i was told by a Samsung rep that there would be no note 8. I'm going to try to wait for the note 9. It's going to be so hard to wait. I'm itching to upgrade so bad. I haven't held on to the same phone for more than a year in a while.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Satisfied with my S8 Plus and my camera use is minimal so no.
Will be interested in what the Note 9 may have to offer.
(this coming from a self-confessed phone addict, so take it with a grain of salt)

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
How does this work? I was reading about it and they confused me when they said they will apply credit for the payments you have made.

Can you explain what they mean?

As far as I know it's a rolling two year contract where I get the option to upgrade once a year and then start another two year contract. If I don't upgrade then I just pay for the phone over the two years. I'll always be upgrading....

Scott8881

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Low light camera on the S9+ is going to be so much better than my V30, and I'm finding it is such an important feature... my S7 Edge took better pics in low light than V30. Not even using the quad dac, so yes, I'm upgrading, can't wait!