09-07-2018 01:07 PM
59 123
tools
    If hands-free calling is that important to you, maybe you should buy a Bluetooth earpiece? I paid about $20 for mine (Plantronics Explorer 50 on sale) & it works fine, it connects to my phone without any hassles and audio is clear.
    lucianus_luciferus likes this.
    06-06-2018 12:36 PM
    Sure the speakers sound great on everyone else's phones as well. Did you read the post? It's about the microphone that is used when speakerphone is in use. When you speak into your microphone the other person cannot hear you very well.
    Fair enough. I have no issues with the microphone on my S9+. I would think there would be far more threads about this if it were a widespread issue.
    06-06-2018 08:58 PM
    How do you thumb down a comment? I want to do this one 👎🏽 Ahhh there we go
    07-13-2018 06:28 AM
    S9 here. Luckily no speaker phone issues. Clear and loud. No complaints from the other end either.
    07-15-2018 12:22 PM
    Still a huge problem on T-Mobile. Just do a Google search. The issue is mainly on speakerphone between two new-ish Galaxy devices, like S9-to-S9 or Note9-to-S9. T-Mobile does not allow you to disable HD+ voice calling (like, say Verizon does). This is leading to super muffled calls on speakerphone.

After an exhaustive search, the problem is widespread and still remarkably has no solution even though it's not hardware related.

The only workaround is to change the network in settings from LTE/3G/2G to 3G/2G. That changes calls from HD+ to regular HD, fixing the call problem. However, it's an unacceptable solution because it also reduces data speeds.
    09-05-2018 02:04 PM
    Settings, connections, mobile networks and switch off volte calls.
    But you might not have this setting on the us tmobile version.
    09-05-2018 02:31 PM
    Still a huge problem on T-Mobile. Just do a Google search. The issue is mainly on speakerphone between two new-ish Galaxy devices, like S9-to-S9 or Note9-to-S9. T-Mobile does not allow you to disable HD+ voice calling (like, say Verizon does). This is leading to super muffled calls on speakerphone.

After an exhaustive search, the problem is widespread and still remarkably has no solution even though it's not hardware related.

The only workaround is to change the network in settings from LTE/3G/2G to 3G/2G. That changes calls from HD+ to regular HD, fixing the call problem. However, it's an unacceptable solution because it also reduces data speeds.
    No wonder I haven't notice any problem ..
    My default is OFF ..
    S9 and + still haven't improved the speakerphone issue.-screenshot_20180905-175353_advanced-calling.jpg
    09-05-2018 05:01 PM
    Wow... Samsung just stinks.... I work for a wireless carrier and I can't tell you the amount of calls I've had regarding the S8 and S8 plus speaker phone having crappy some. Sounds like the other party is under water when they're talking through their speakerphone. I'm very disappointed to see that Samsung did not resolve this issue on the S9 or plus. Disappointing.
    Been using S Series since S4... Until S9+... No speakerphone issues at all...
    09-05-2018 06:32 PM
    Received my new galaxy S9 couple days ago, and read this message board regarding speakerphone issues, also read numerous other threads regarding call quality problems. Most concerning on a new recipient of this phone. Very pleased to report that for me this phone does not exhibit any of those issues. Boy, did I test this out for call/speaker phone quality.

I’ve also read that most of the issues are from those overseas. I don’t know why they have these issues but I hope the update they are receiving fixes them.

My phone is a galaxy S9 64 gb
    Verizon is my carrier.
    Live in Florida, USA
    09-07-2018 01:07 PM
59 123