No missed calls notifcation on s9

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

Jadaress1

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
What I have done, and it's seemed to have worked, is go through all the processes suggested in the forum but not changed any settings. I've turned some of the options on, but then turned them back off and vice versa. It's like I've jogged the memory of the phone so to speak. Hope it helps!

Can I ask if you have the spam caller protection in your settings? If so is it On and you consistently getting all your missed call notifications now? Cause no matter what I do with that service on it doesn't consistently show me my missed calls. I try all these fixes and think it's fixed but happens again. I need the fix to be 100 percent and not just intermittent like it is right now with that option on. Its really annoying cause I used that service on all my other Samsung phones with no problem. First time I've faced this issue. Thanks.

ken s3

Apr 17, 2018
Visit site
Pull and reinsert sim card then go to settings, apps,3 dots upper right corner reset app preferences should fix your issue

Nkii

Apr 17, 2018
Visit site
Try this:Go to: settings/notifications/advanced notifications/scroll down to contacts/turn on app Icon badges missed calls. That worked for me like a charm!!!

Jeanie Knoell

Apr 29, 2018
Visit site
Hi, I have just found a solution that has worked for my phone:

Go to settings -> Notifications -> Advanced (top right) -> Advanced Notification Settings -> Contacts

Then click on default, missed calls and voicemails seperately and change the importance and sound etc.

This has worked for me, I hope it works for everyone else.

This worked for me! Thanks!

Lizziebdl3

May 1, 2018
Visit site

Go to settings -> Notifications -> Advanced (top right) -> Advanced Notification Settings -> Contacts

Then click on default, missed calls and voicemails seperately and change the importance and sound etc.

This worked for me. Thanks Lisa! Now, I'm looking for a way to stop the vibration or the constant reminder of notifications. What a mess. I'm so frustrated with this phone.

kimmymac

May 10, 2018
Visit site
go to settings-apps- phone icon, if you dont see the phone icon, click on 3 dots in upper right corner then scroll to system apps, click that and go to phone...click on phone and clear data
your welcome, I just lost an hr of my life to get that info from samsung

Jadaress1

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
My problems with missed call notifications was fixed not long ago with the latest UK XEU firmware update. It fixed other problems too like the intermittent silences on calls. I'm liking the phone much more now.

AdelMumSA

May 14, 2018
Visit site
I was having the same problem with my S8 after the latest firmware upgrade. Finally fixed the issue after a day of researching & troubleshooting. Had to open my Secure Folder and go to Contacts app. These settings where different to those i had set by going through settings/apps. Changed them to Urgent and With Sound and bingo, problem fixed.

the_gould

Jan 4, 2018
Visit site

Thank you so much for this. This worked for me. I wonder why samsung make it so hard to change these settings. The one that pisses me off alot is not having a indavidual alert for text. Each contact could have thier own in my s8 not any more .

Kandil

May 20, 2018
Visit site
Guys, I found it! All resolutions mentioned here are absolutely correct and may help in resolving the issue with some of you, but for me none of them was successfull, until I recognised that I have a third party device management application "clean master" that has permission to clean junk notifications from the device, once I disabled this and blocked the access all notifications start popping up normally 😁

If you have any of these apps installed on your device such as battery doctor, vga anti virus or clean master, it worth give it a try and block thier notification clearing permission.

Chack and let me know 😉

Krystle P

May 31, 2018
Visit site
I know I'm really disappointed about it too, I've always used the spam protection option on my Note 8,S8,S7 edge and now I can't unless I wanna not know I've got any missed calls. Its intermittent too, I tested it I missed called myself 6 times and only 3 times it notified me of the missed call. I then switched off spam protection and tested again and all my missed calls notifications showed. So there's some kind of conflict with that service on the S9. I don't know if Samsung is aware of this. Hopefully they'll be a fix. Fingers crossed.

It took forever but tried many of these suggestions and nothing works so I just decided to reset all app settings... IT WORKED....you won't loose any data and you can keep you the spam blocker and anything else you may have disabled to fix this. Hope it helps..ps I know it's a late reply 😉

Jadaress1

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
The april update fixed everything for me, the one with the april security patch, I tried eveything before that including the one you mentioned, actually reset them twice but nothing. Thanks

keminoak

Jun 10, 2018
Visit site
Was having the same issue and searched a number of threads. Solution for me:

Settings/Notification/Advanced (top right corner)/contacts
Now it works.

Grubb3r

Jun 18, 2018
Visit site
Hi, I just got my new S9 last week however I am not getting missed calls notification. Have gone though all the settings and third party apps but no joy. Had upgraded from an S7 and never had that problem before

I think I fixed this on my phone. I went into the regular settings, "notifications", and on the top right, I went to "Advanced". I found that my Contacts were blocked from notifications, which included missed calls. I changed this and it seemed to have worked!

robertkoa

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

When I try that I can check badges BUT the other options can not be turned on ...click and nothing.

Seems like some menus are incomplete and this is two weeks old S9 Tmo.

For example in Calls Menu - I SHOULD be able to FILTER missed calls / dialed calls etc.

robertkoa

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

When I try that I can check badges BUT the other options can not be turned on ...click and nothing.

For example in Calls Menu - I SHOULD be able to FILTER missed calls / dialed calls etc.
Just in the Recent Calls or Dialer...

I am getting notifications for missed calls but I can't SEARCH in Menu for dialed calls / missed calls ...etc..

I also could not COPY a number to text to someone else ......not a business like dialer ...
Previous Galaxy Alpha was like Note Series Menus

robertkoa

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

Just in the Recent Calls or Dialer...

I am getting notifications for missed calls but I can't SEARCH in Menu for dialed calls / missed calls ...etc..

I also could not COPY a number to text to someone else ......not a business like dialer ...
Previous Galaxy Alpha was like Note Series Menus .

I have badges now and notifications but can not filter / search for dialed calls but CAN list Missed Calls ...

Can't copy /paste numbers yet...
Tricky Secret Code Menus lol

Toliska162

Aug 26, 2018
Visit site
For the problem was that clean master was activated and all notifications cleaned automatixally. Open clean master or any else similar app and deactivate contacts automatic cleaner

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
For the problem was that clean master was activated and all notifications cleaned automatixally. Open clean master or any else similar app and deactivate contacts automatic cleaner
If you've got Clean Master on your phone you've got bigger problems than lack of call notifications. I just don't get people still putting Cheetah apps on their phones after all that has been written about them in these forums.

eseijas

Dec 1, 2018
Visit site
Guys, I found it! All resolutions mentioned here are absolutely correct and may help in resolving the issue with some of you, but for me none of them was successfull, until I recognised that I have a third party device management application "clean master" that has permission to clean junk notifications from the device, once I disabled this and blocked the access all notifications start popping up normally 😁

If you have any of these apps installed on your device such as battery doctor, vga anti virus or clean master, it worth give it a try and block thier notification clearing permission.

Chack and let me know 😉

Love you Candy!!!! Hours trying everything that was posted here but your advice was right on target. I worked beatifully right. :):):)