S9+ Unable to connect to Gear S2

induslad

Mar 19, 2018
Visit site
Hello - Since yesterday I am trying to pair my S9+ with Gear S2 but it's stuck at "Setting up your phone" screen. My watch pops up a message that it's taking too long to setup,do you want to retry" and if I choose 'Yes', it goes back to initial setup screen while my phone is still stuck at Setting up your phone" screen. I had S7 edge and my watch was able to pair without any issue. When I tried to pair with S9+ for 1st time, I chose an option "Use new device". I even did 'Hard Reset' thru recovery but same result. Anyone else able to use their S9 with gear S2?

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
My S9 is paired with my Gear S2. I did a reset on the watch first and then installed it as a new device. I would start over and uninstall and then reinstall the Gear app, reset the watch, and then try again.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello - Since yesterday I am trying to pair my S9+ with Gear S2 but it's stuck at "Setting up your phone" screen. My watch pops up a message that it's taking too long to setup,do you want to retry" and if I choose 'Yes', it goes back to initial setup screen while my phone is still stuck at Setting up your phone" screen. I had S7 edge and my watch was able to pair without any issue. When I tried to pair with S9+ for 1st time, I chose an option "Use new device". I even did 'Hard Reset' thru recovery but same result. Anyone else able to use their S9 with gear S2?

You need to do a reset on the S2 before connecting to your new phone. Make sure you backup your watch data before resetting.

induslad

Mar 19, 2018
Visit site
Yes. Gear app identifies my watch and after I pair it, it get stuck on setup screen (see attached screen shot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180319-192712_Samsung Gear.jpg
    Screenshot_20180319-192712_Samsung Gear.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 10

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I initially had problems with the Gear S3 & my new Galaxy S9+ Unlocked model. I was able to pair them successfully but I couldn't install the Samsung Pay Gear S plugin. Factory resetting the Gear S3 solved all my issues.