Why is the text (characters, labels, etc.) in several apps showing up pink on my S9+?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I upgraded to the S9+ last week, downloaded all my apps, and started using it. In several of my apps, no matter what theme I select, no matter what I do, all the text is pink. I use Quickpic for pictures, all folder labels are pink. I use Profile scheduler and all the menus are pink. Anyone else seen this?

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Did you try applying any theme to see if that was able to change the color to something else then changing it back to defaults?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It sounds to me like a defective screen or a defective screen driver. Try *#0*# or *#*#0*#*#* (in the phone app) to get to the test menu, then look at a red screen, a blue screen, a green screen and a white screen. If one of them is off, the phone has to go back.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
It's not a defective screen, its same for me with quickpic, that's the only app that does it for me. So an app issue.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed that with with QuickPic, kind of magenta. But it was updated last October, so maybe the developer has to take another look at what he's using to compile it.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Dont think hes developing it any more, sent him feedback, no response. Shame. Any alternative apps that are just as good? Mind you the stock gallery is pretty good these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anon247