Seriously Samsumg phone sending text random pictures to people on my contacts

rhsortho

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
My girlfriends S9 has been doing this.
The other day while she was sitting next to me her phone sent 2 pictures (luckily to me!).
Switched her over to Textra.
Problem solved.

just wondering if you're both on the same plan? seems all the articles ive read refer to the same 2 cases. and both were on the same plan. just looking for common denominator. also was it a pic from the "camera roll" or a pic from another folder? one person said the whole gallery was sent(?)
also internal storage or sd card?? odd that there's no update on this issue from Samsung or any of the sites for that matter that were so quick to report it last week.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
just wondering if you're both on the same plan? seems all the articles ive read refer to the same 2 cases. and both were on the same plan. just looking for common denominator. also was it a pic from the "camera roll" or a pic from another folder? one person said the whole gallery was sent(?)
also internal storage or sd card?? odd that there's no update on this issue from Samsung or any of the sites for that matter that were so quick to report it last week.

You are right, it is very odd that there is no update from Samsung about this... It's too huge of an issue for there to be no updates/comments/reports.

r511

Mar 31, 2018
Visit site
Yes, we're both on T-mobile. Under 1 account.
First picture was a gif that was from SwiftKey and the other was a picture taken from her camera.
All from internal storage.

rhsortho

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Yes, we're both on T-mobile. Under 1 account.
First picture was a gif that was from SwiftKey and the other was a picture taken from her camera.
All from internal storage.

stranger still, it's sending gifs too and not just pics snapped from camera. scary to think if it could send contents from secure folder somehow.
you would think that a "sent" message via the handset would show up as sent. that's the really odd part.

r511

Mar 31, 2018
Visit site
stranger still, it's sending gifs too and not just pics snapped from camera. scary to think if it could send contents from secure folder somehow.
you would think that a "sent" message via the handset would show up as sent. that's the really odd part.
Yes definitely.
She had nothing in her messaging app at all.
But since switching her to Textra (which imo is a much better app) there hasn't been any issues.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If the problem is only happening on T-Mobile & not other carriers, how is it Samsung's fault? They (Samsung) can/will blame the carrier.

rhsortho

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
If the problem is only happening on T-Mobile & not other carriers, how is it Samsung's fault? They (Samsung) can/will blame the carrier.

I've read online of 1 At&t and 1 sprint customer claiming it happened to them. Even if that turns out to be true, the low numbers overall makes this an odd issue. so far all seem to be on same accounts, so seems not really a "random" contact that the pics were sent to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87