Lock s9 to a specific cell tower

Srapisar

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Is there any way to make the s9 stay / lock on a certain tower vice switching towers on its own.. like you can lock it to a cell provider..

Srapisar

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
I know that.. at my house we have two towers near us. One is much further away than the other. When connected to the closer one i get a fairly good/reliable signal (-110dbm +/- 2dbm) then for what ever reason it will swap to the weaker tower (-120dbm +/- 2dbm) resulting in dropped calls/unreliable connectivity.

I can make it so my s9 will not switch cell providers. I basicallly lock it to one of the t-mobile partner provider near me (only when roaming). Once set it does not auto swap to another.

I was wondering if i can similarity force lock my s9 to a specific tower (The closer one only when at home only).

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
If you go under data, Settings, go to the page I've attached. It seems if you know the weaker towers Id you may be able to deselect it. GS9plus running 8.0.0 on t-mobile.
2fee980342ae3f0fc6f502a7995d89d5.jpg

Srapisar

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Thanks a bunch for the reply.. unfortunately this is the area where you select a Network Provider (I.E T-Mobile, Verizon etc..), not a specific cell tower.. Besides seeing the cell provider names, I also see 6 digit numbers.. The cell towers have 5 digit cell ID's.. (Atleast in my area).

I was hoping there was an area I did not know if in the S9 where all detected towers would be listed and then lock the phone to the tower I want.

Thanks again though..

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
you can't force the phone to connect to a certain tower. the phone will always connect to the fastest tower but not the strongest signal.
in my house i have a 3g signal booster that works through my internet connection because the reception is bad. but sometimes the phone will connect to the 4g tower when it finds it just because it is faster than the 3g hot spot in my house even though it only has 1 bar of signal opposed to the 3g booster that is 5 meters away.

Srapisar

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
I have 3 apps I use for LTE/4G Connectivity info.

Thanks for all the replies.. it would appear I cannot select a specific tower.. I can't find an app that will actually show all local detected towers and allow me to select it..

oh well.. figured posting here was worth a shot..
Thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress