Why don't my notifications clear right away with the Pie update?

jbond011lv

Feb 25, 2019
Visit site
I receive a notification and open it. The notification remains in the status bar until I go and open it again to finally remove the notification from the upper left corner. It happens with various apps on my Galaxy S9+. I receive a GroupMe chat and open it to respond. I close the response and the GroupMe notification remains on the status bar. I swipe down to see my notifications because I think that someone responded again to my chat and the notification finally disappears from the first response. Very annoying because in chats where there are a lot of back and forth discussions I am constantly having to open my notifications bar to see if someone has responded or if it was just the original notification that hadn't cleared yet... Please help. Thank you!

jbond011lv

Feb 25, 2019
Visit site
Thx for the reply. Yeah, could be a GroupMe issue with Pie but I feel as if other apps are doing the same thing. I'll pay more attention to see if I notice it happening with other apps. Only started happening after the Pie update a few days ago for me though.

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've seen it with Android messages, Textra, Gmail, and another 3rd party email app. Only since update. Doesn't happen every time, but often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa