When switching from Nova to stock Launcher, do you lose settings in Nova?

TextMeMaybe

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if I switch from Nova to the stock launcher and then back to Nova, will I need to setup Nova again? Or will the settings and layout be saved?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The settings should stay. But why not just back up the settings in Nova at least once. (And again if you change anything.)

(By the way, you're not "switching to the stock launcher", you're just running the stock launcher. Do your settings in Word change is you run Excel? (Setting an app as the default [for anything - the launcher, the default music player, etc.] has nothing to do with its settings. "Default app" is a setting in the OS, not in the app.)

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if I switch from Nova to the stock launcher and then back to Nova, will I need to setup Nova again? Or will the settings and layout be saved?
Nova settings can be backed up locally or on a cloud, like Dropbox or Google Drive.
To restore, go to the storage location and select the file.

I have thought about giving the Samsung launcher a whirl, but I can't bring myself to go through the setup process, while thinking that I can't live without Nova, anyways.

Last edited:

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I switch between 4 different launchers, the stock Samsung One UI, the BlackBerry Launcher, the Microsoft Launcher, and Nova Launcher.

Nova is my primary launcher, and they all maintain their settings if I go back and forth between any of them.

What I don't like about Samsung's launcher is that it forces that silly rounded corners icon style no matter what, and I can't stand that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty