If your S9 received Official, Stable One UI version 2 in the US, post here, please.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's odd to me that xfinity and US cellular are getting One UI version 2, first, in the states.
Maybe those carriers don't change much, allowing them to release it earlier than the "big four".

Smaller carriers could probably get things done faster, maybe?

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Could be, but had this been the case, in the past?
I always had the impression that the smaller carriers got OS updates last.
The running joke was that AT&T always got any update last. People on Verizon always seemed to feel they got updates last. And for years, that kind of was the case.

But in recent years, that has changed. Starting with the S8, Samsung has been generally more consistent in getting security patches out, and in the US, they went out to the carriers first.

While in the past, Samsung would update unlocked phones first, they began holding off updating the unlocked models until after all the carriers updated.

The question of large verses smaller carriers may just be a matter of how much a carrier modifies their version.

The OS itself from Samsung is universal for all devices. The accompanying CSC file is where carriers add or lock out certain aspects of the OS. AT&T has a lot of tweaks. Most of the smaller carriers likely have very little, if anything, they mess with, and probably just use the default CSC. That could be why they are quicker to release the update once it's available to them.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Could be, but had this been the case, in the past?
I always had the impression that the smaller carriers got OS updates last.

It's never been consistent. Carrier A may get an update before carrier T this time. But next time, Carrier V might get it before they all do. You'll think that Carrier U always get it last, then there's that one time it gets it first.

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've finished the update download and am installing it right now. :D
I'm on Visible just south of Atlanta, GA with an unlocked Galaxy S9.

msross

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I am on an unlocked phone and installed it this am.....It completely corrupted my sd card. I have to reinstall all my apps that were on my sd card. a big pain

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I am on an unlocked phone and installed it this am.....It completely corrupted my sd card. I have to reinstall all my apps that were on my sd card. a big pain

That sucks, sorry to hear. It's funny, everyone always wants that update, but sometimes it comes with more problems than it's worth.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think Samsung allowed you to set up an SD card as adoptable storage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89