If your S9 received Official, Stable One UI version 2 in the US, post here, please.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Curious, do you mean DeX for PC?
When hooking up my S9 to my PC, I got a notification about downloading DeX to my PC, and how I can make them work together.

I did... briefly, but need to explore it more. All it showed me on the desktop app window was the default Samsung email and text apps, which I use neither on my phone. I only use the BlackBerry Hub+ for email, and Textra for texts, so I don't know how those will work yet.

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
When hooking up my S9 to my PC, I got a notification about downloading DeX to my PC, and how I can make them work together.

I did... briefly, but need to explore it more. All it showed me on the desktop app window was the default Samsung email and text apps, which I use neither on my phone. I only use the BlackBerry Hub+ for email, and Textra for texts, so I don't know how those will work yet.

Cool, I don't use the Samsung email but I do use the Samsung Messages for texting, so that would be cool. The Windows app for Link to Phone doesn't work with Samsung Chat Message type messages, hoping DeX might solve that.

bennett22

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site

yes. before the update, the s9 needed a dock to make dex work, now it got updated to just use a usb cable like the newer phones. and you can move apps to the desktop just like windows. i haven't had a chance to use it much since the update. and yes, its just a samsung desktop so you can browse through files and what not for a presentation, of to use a usb c to hdmi cable and just plug it into a monitor if you didn't want to drag a laptop around

ktklein

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Nothing for T-Mobile yet. Still on Dec security patch too. . Really looking forward to dark/night mode for Gmail so looking forward to Android 10 One UI 2.0. Hopefully it'll be incoming soon.

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I got a text message the other day from Sprint that a system update starting on 2/24 will remove Calling Plus from a device on my account, my wife got one on her S9 Plus too. So, I'm guessing Sprints will come out 2/24.

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got it last night on Verizon. Still same lame camera. I tested out video mode and it sucks just the same as the last version. I tested it on my pet birds. Each time i change the focus point it resets the exposure to then i play this too bright adjust too bright adjust too bright adjust game. Totally ruins the shot. Same thing happened to me last year at a concert. Every time i zoomed or refocused it reset the exposure washing out the lead singer in the spotlight. it was the most terrible video recording experience i ever had. pity i left the real camera in the car thinking i could use my new high end phone since i was the 2nd row back from the stage in a small venue. FYI I use Hedge Cam and it has a VU meter for the video it's so good. Even lets you play music with the bluetooth speaker and record with music playing. So if you want to record someone while the music is playing then people won't be dancing to silence :)

Back to the Android 10 I am still exploring it and like the screen recorder. That is neat!!!

qz0xr3

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
On Sprint and installed this morning (file was just under 2Gb). No issues thus far. Animations/transitions seem quick. Noticed that Gmail is now set to dark mode (was unable to manually set to dark mode with Android Pie). As noted, screen recorder in the notification panel looks like it'll be a nice feature

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
On Sprint and installed this morning (file was just under 2Gb). No issues thus far. Animations/transitions seem quick. Noticed that Gmail is now set to dark mode (was unable to manually set to dark mode with Android Pie). As noted, screen recorder in the notification panel looks like it'll be a nice feature

Same here, I also noticed that the Call Screener app popped up for me that it needed to be made default to block calls, must be the new permissions in Android 10. Oh and dark mode isn't true AMOLED on the notifications, they are a darkish gray.

ktklein

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
For those of you who have received the update, is there an option for heic/heif graphic format? Is jpg still the only option for saving camera pix.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred