Strange calendar syncing (Google and Samsung calendars) between PC and A13 5G?

flycaster1

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site
I have enabled syncing between my PC's Thunderbird google calendar and the google calendar on my A13 5G. It definitely appears to be working correctly: Events entered in either device appears on the other. I have also noted that an entry on the PC's calendar also appears on the Samsung calendar, but an entry in the A13's Samsung calendar does not appear in the PC's calendar??? I find this very interesting, but have no idea what's happening; why the only one-way sync? And, is it possible to get entries in the android's Samsung calendar to register within the PC's calendar? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Android 13 forum to the Galaxy A Series forum (I'm pretty sure the A13 doesn't have Android 13 yet, considering it's a budget phone).

Syncing your Google calendar is pretty straightforward -- keep in mind that the phone is syncing with your Google Calendar in the cloud, and not directly with the PC. When you enter an event in your PC's Thunderbird, that's syncing with Google Calendar in the cloud, and then the phone will sync automatically with the cloud to show that new event.

But your Samsung calendar account is separate from the Google account, so that won't automatically sync. I'm actually not sure if there's an easy way to sync those events with Thunderbird -- @mustang7757, are you aware of the steps to sync Samsung account calendar events with PC email/calendar client?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I moved this from the Android 13 forum to the Galaxy A Series forum (I'm pretty sure the A13 doesn't have Android 13 yet, considering it's a budget phone).

Syncing your Google calendar is pretty straightforward -- keep in mind that the phone is syncing with your Google Calendar in the cloud, and not directly with the PC. When you enter an event in your PC's Thunderbird, that's syncing with Google Calendar in the cloud, and then the phone will sync automatically with the cloud to show that new event.

But your Samsung calendar account is separate from the Google account, so that won't automatically sync. I'm actually not sure if there's an easy way to sync those events with Thunderbird -- @mustang7757, are you aware of the steps to sync Samsung account calendar events with PC email/calendar client?
Not that im aware of with Samsung calendar

flycaster1

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site
Thank you both for the replies that answered my question. And, I guess it is best to continue my inquiries (which will probably be many as I learn how to efficiently use the A13 5G) on "Samsung Galaxy A Series."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non