Possibly soft-bricked, Please Help!

Kieran Biggs

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I had been using cyanogenmod 10.1 nightly on my i9300 for quite a while, however recently i started to get odd screen crashes and problems charging so i thought i'd try a different custom rom. I installed paranoid android and it kept randomly crashing even without using it. So one point i picked up my phone and it had crashed so i tried to turn it off and on to no avail so i removed the battery. Ever since i can only boot into download mode. Trying just to turn the phone on results in checkered white and grey lines as shown here

i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk29/mlijfu/photo.jpg

I keep trying to install stock rom from samsung website using odin but everytime i get PIT missing, So having downloaded a PIT file and adding that to odin it results in 'Failed to re-partition' everytime.

Does anyone have any idea what i can do from here??
Many thanks in advance.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried to boot into recovery mode? Can you? If so, try flashing a known good ROM that you know is for YOUR phone (e.g., the i9300 version of the S3 only).

Otherwise, I'm not sure what to tell you. I haven't seen that error in Odin before. Have you done a Google search for that error message?

Kieran Biggs

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I've done many many google searches for all sorts of errors, from what i've gathered i've either got a soft-brick and just unlucky so far in trying to flash a ROM, or NAND rw corruption.
And no, if i try boot into recovery mode i get the same checkered screen, download mode is the only thing i can get into.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87