$100 off Samsung GT 10.1 at Staples

dpkim

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to add my 2 cents - we were able to get Best Buy to "price match" us with the coupon on our GT10.1 that was within the 14 day return window. We did have to go to a second Best Buy. The first one would not price match because they called a Staples nearby that said they were out of stock of the GT10.1 and hubs did not push it. If it was me, I would have made them call every other nearby Staples. I called the Best Buy where we actually bought the tablet from and they said no problem - "It's store policy" so we were able to get $100 cash back. So thanks to the OP for the heads up. The motto is "try, try again!" :D

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
So after calling several Staples to check in-store availability of the Tab 10.1, I got the same response from all: "The Galaxy Tab 10.1 was recalled to our warehouses because it was intended to be an online-only item. We cannot sell them in stores"

Looks like they had a change of heart after this coupon was released...

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Just wanted to add my 2 cents - we were able to get Best Buy to "price match" us with the coupon on our GT10.1 that was within the 14 day return window. We did have to go to a second Best Buy. The first one would not price match because they called a Staples nearby that said they were out of stock of the GT10.1 and hubs did not push it. If it was me, I would have made them call every other nearby Staples. I called the Best Buy where we actually bought the tablet from and they said no problem - "It's store policy" so we were able to get $100 cash back. So thanks to the OP for the heads up. The motto is "try, try again!" :D

Two things for everyone thinking of price matching at Best Buy instead of going to Staples:

1. Even if Staples doesn't have it in the store, you can still use the coupon and have them order it.

They'll even ship it to your house! And the delivery was 2 (business) days!
(This is what I did and mine just arrived!)

2. Staples does tax AFTER the discount, Best Buy does it BEFORE the discount.

So, if you live in an area where tax is 8.25% (as an example), here's what you'd pay after discount/tax:

STAPLES: $431.91
BEST BUY: $440.16

That's almost a $10 difference!

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Two things for everyone thinking of price matching at Best Buy instead of going to Staples:

1. Even if Staples doesn't have it in the store, you can still use the coupon and have them order it.

So, if you live in an area where tax is 8.25% (as an example), here's what you'd pay after discount/tax:

Thanks! That is great advice!

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm batting 0 for 3 with my Staples coupon.

Best Buy refused to match, since local Staples didn't have it in stock. Staples didn't have one to sell me (All five local Staples out of stock)..and Office Depot said they have a new memo (he even showed me the pdf file) stating I can only use it for Blackberry Playbooks or the Acer Iconia. Guess I'll be ordering it from Staples and having it shipped (currently back ordered on their own website tho).

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Re: I'm batting 0 for 3 with my Staples coupon.

Best Buy refused to match, since local Staples didn't have it in stock. Staples didn't have one to sell me (All five local Staples out of stock)..and Office Depot said they have a new memo (he even showed me the pdf file) stating I can only use it for Blackberry Playbooks or the Acer Iconia. Guess I'll be ordering it from Staples and having it shipped (currently back ordered on their own website tho).

Go into the Staples store and ask for a manager. The fact that they're out of stock means NOTHING. The Staples near me was also out of stock, but I went in to the store and they ordered it for me AND took the coupon off. Then, 2 days later it arrived at my house!

The coupons are good if you buy in a store, regardless of whether they have to order it. They'll be using their internal computer system to order it, so they still get the sale not the online department.

Reactions: milominderbinde

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site

Try this:

Last edited:

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

Im glad I didnt wait then and got mine the 2nd day the coupon was out. Walked in to staples asked for the Galaxy 10.1 tab and walked out with it. only one sold out was the Acer.

I had the problem with office depot and BB not accepting the coupon for the Transformer since Stables has none in stock.

good luck man its a great device and for $100 off worth getting.

swizton

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

but they had a demo unit powered up in the store......................and it looked like it had been there for a while (smudged and dusty.) excuses excuses!
picked mine up lastnight at a nearby staples no problem, plus a 10% discount because my gf worked there a few months ago.....$385 out the door..not bad. I was not gong to get, looking at the thrive but couldnt pass this deal up

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So after calling several Staples to check in-store availability of the Tab 10.1, I got the same response from all: "The Galaxy Tab 10.1 was recalled to our warehouses because it was intended to be an online-only item. We cannot sell them in stores"

Looks like they had a change of heart after this coupon was released...
I just went into to Staples within the past hour and they ordered it for me and applied the coupon. I get it in 2 to 3 days.

italiiano

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

Im glad I didnt wait then and got mine the 2nd day the coupon was out. Walked in to staples asked for the Galaxy 10.1 tab and walked out with it. only one sold out was the Acer.

I had the problem with office depot and BB not accepting the coupon for the Transformer since Stables has none in stock.

good luck man its a great device and for $100 off worth getting.

I was told BB wouldn't price match b/c it's a coupon. I got my Galaxy at the staples next door the same day, but I wanted to try and use my Best Buy Credit card instead of paying out of pocket. Are you sure they'll pricematch the coupon?

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I was told BB wouldn't price match b/c it's a coupon. I got my Galaxy at the staples next door the same day, but I wanted to try and use my Best Buy Credit card instead of paying out of pocket. Are you sure they'll pricematch the coupon?

its on a store by store basis.
all 4 BB is contacted told me they don't take competitors coupons only BB coupons, but iv heard some have.

jh1304

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
That's a pretty good deal.
As a Samsung employee I already get it for that cheap, but it's good for those who can take advantage of it while it lasts.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The staples $100 off coupon works for hhgregg

Just thought you guys would like to know this bit of info. I was there today for my girlfriend and they will honor the coupon. They just dont carry the white backed tab

pixelbat

May 21, 2011
Visit site

That sucks about BB not honoring it. I got my local BB to honor it and they didn't even call a local Staples to check stock :D

zamzarvideo

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

I called a Best Buy, but they eventually said that they'd price match coupons, but this one was too big. They also said that each store can decide whether or not to price match certain things. I should really have called corporate, but I didn't bother. Before admitting that, they kept saying that they needed an advertisement showing the price, not a coupon.
Then I went to Staples (apparently they only sell one color of GT10.1s) and easily got the discount. They had 1 in stock. It was their first one sold. They tried to sell me an Iconia Tab instead, so I listed all the reasons that the Tab was better. :p

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
This coupon was enough for me to go ahead and buy the tab. Love it! Horrible experience with Staples though. They were telling everyone that they were sold out, but online they had some in stock. So I talked to the corporate office and they said that they did have some in stock. Went to Staples and they finally sold me one after I said that I had talked to corporate. Then the guy said, "I can't wait until those coupons expire. They are good for the consumer, but bad for us." In the end, I got my tablet even though the employees were really shady.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa