Verizon Tab can't connect to Google.com websites

mspry01

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Got my new Verizon version of the Tab 10.1 on Friday afternoon. So far I haven't been able to get to ANY Google.com websites on any browser (Android/Firefox/Dolphin), or use the google search button. Get "Webpage not available" page. I can get to every other site I've tried. It is only the browser. Email and calendar apps, and widgets work fine. Android market works fine. Just the browser, and just Google sites. Any ideas? Thanks.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
if this is happening on WIFI and not on the vzw network then its the device not the network. I would go back to vzw or call tech support.

jimh2000

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Try deleting Flash and download and install Flash again, see if that works. I had the same problem on my LTE Tab and got it working.

mspry01

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
hbg-Thanks. Bing works, as do all the other sites. Darn protection racket!

jimh1999-Thanks. Can't delete Flash, only the update to 10.3. So I uninstalled that and reinstalled the update. No change.

Edwill86 - Thanks. As it turns out, I can get to google on wifi, but not on Verizon. Huh? Any idea why that might be?

woodsb123

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Based on the other responses here, it looks like you have a faulty tablet based on connecting to google sites. I would take it back to the Verizon store and have them fix this issue.

SirLance99

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Got my new Verizon version of the Tab 10.1 on Friday afternoon. So far I haven't been able to get to ANY Google.com websites on any browser (Android/Firefox/Dolphin), or use the google search button. Get "Webpage not available" page. I can get to every other site I've tried. It is only the browser. Email and calendar apps, and widgets work fine. Android market works fine. Just the browser, and just Google sites. Any ideas? Thanks.

Same thing is happening to me. I can't figure out why either.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

mspry01

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Update. Went to Verizon store, and the rep there (the really smart one) said they just dealt with this a little while ago, and it is a known issue with Samsung and Google. Something to do with the DNS. This was after the phone rep told me, "there is nothing known, so let's wipe out all your downloading and customizing, and do a factory reset." Well those weren't his exact words, but he did say "let's do a factory reset and see if that solves the problem." What a putz.

SirLance99

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Update. Went to Verizon store, and the rep there (the really smart one) said they just dealt with this a little while ago, and it is a known issue with Samsung and Google. Something to do with the DNS. This was after the phone rep told me, "there is nothing known, so let's wipe out all your downloading and customizing, and do a factory reset." Well those weren't his exact words, but he did say "let's do a factory reset and see if that solves the problem." What a putz.

So what did they do?

Reactions: alee

sprke81

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Im having the same problem except its more then just google sites. Im trying to figure out if its the network or my tab. Wifi works great

mspry01

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Another update: Went back to Verizon store and exchanged device. New one has same problem right out of the box. Employee reiterates that it's a known issue that Verizon/Samsung/Google are working on, so be patient Big product release, high priority, he says. I'll give it a chance. Have to use Bing for a while.

PS Mine is the 32GB model, for what it's worth.

Last edited:

SirLance99

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Another update: Went back to Verizon store and exchanged device. New one has same problem right out of the box. Employee reiterates that it's a known issue that Verizon/Samsung/Google are working on, so be patient Big product release, high priority, he says. I'll give it a chance. Have to use Bing for a while.

PS Mine is the 32GB model, for what it's worth.

This disturbs me. I have the white 32 as well. I've done everything I can think of and can not get it to work.

mspry01

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Another update. Went back to store to talk to manager. While I was there my 32gb model went into 1x mode, whatever that is, and connected to google just fine. The manager saw a couple of employees walk in from a regional office,and went to see them. All 3 came back, my device switched to 3g, and lost google. The guys from the office had 2 16gb model with them that had worked fine at their office, which has 4g, and they both lost google when they left 4g and came back to 3g. I am at least the 2nd customer at this store, and the 3rd unit to have the problem, plus now 2 employees from another store/office. They continue to insist that Google and Samsung and Verizon know about the problem. I love the unit otherwise, so I've agreed to hold, given the assurance from the store manager that my options to return or exchange for something else won't go away.

So to recap.

Problem affects 16gb and 32gb units
While on 1x or 4g or wifi, unit can connect to google.com domain websites (mail.google.com news.google.com etc)
While on 3g unit cannot connect to google.com domain websites
While on 3g with hotspot turned, another device, like a laptop that is connected to the hotspot, can connect to google.com websites, but the unit still cannot.

Anyone know the best place(s) to put this info so those who need it will find it?