Is it just me or is this tab SLOW?!?!?!

xpsbrenden

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I got my GT10.1 about 3 weeks ago and i love the form factor, but when i use it, it seems to bog down quite easily. If i go from lets say youtube back to the "desktop" it takes around 10seconds. then switching screen is also VERY slow. I'm having to reboot the device several times a day in order to make it usable.

Matrix_19

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I got my GT10.1 about 3 weeks ago and i love the form factor, but when i use it, it seems to bog down quite easily. If i go from lets say youtube back to the "desktop" it takes around 10seconds. then switching screen is also VERY slow. I'm having to reboot the device several times a day in order to make it usable.

Is it possible that you have a widget or an app that could make this happen ?
I can see this happening to me from time to time, but it's not as much as you do.

Did you try to close apps and clear memory, before rebooting ?

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
That definitely doesn't sound normal. If that were the norm I think there would have been a revolt of GT users! ;-)There have been a few threads here on lag, especially when switching screens. Have you tried the dreaded factory reset yet? Not sure what else to suggest to help. HC is pretty good about closing out apps when you exit, but sometimes an app will stay open and eat up some of the available memory which can lead to lag. You might use the included usage app to ensure things are closing out properly as well.

Not sure if any of that helps, but good luck!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have not experienced that type of lag. That much of a delay would be something a lot of Tab owners would be balking about if it were a common problem. I'm rooted (no custom ROM or mods) and don't have those types of problems.

As NoMoreBlackberry said, it might be time to backup what you can and factory reset just to give it a fresh start.

xpsbrenden

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I just did the factory reset, didnt install any 3rd party apps, and its still SUPER slow. When i try to drag an icon to another location on the screen its 3-5" inches behind my finger and im moving very slowly. Switch between homescreens is also very slow. When i try to pull up the widgets,wallpaper, apps drawer it's comes up very slowly and closes even slower. Also scrolling through my contacts and email is very laggy, i would assume it should be fluid?

Not sure what else to try. I just called sprint and they said they dont work on tablets in the store.

Matrix_19

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I just did the factory reset, didnt install any 3rd party apps, and its still SUPER slow. When i try to drag an icon to another location on the screen its 3-5" inches behind my finger and im moving very slowly. Switch between homescreens is also very slow. When i try to pull up the widgets,wallpaper, apps drawer it's comes up very slowly and closes even slower. Also scrolling through my contacts and email is very laggy, i would assume it should be fluid?

Not sure what else to try. I just called sprint and they said they dont work on tablets in the store.

Still slow after a factory reset ?

Last edited:

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine can be slow to scroll sometimes, but that is (I believe) because I have lots of widgets. Sometimes when I come out of an app and try to scroll, they try to refresh. Youtube, CNN, Google Books and Android Market seem to be the worst for me.

Sometimes an app freezes and I can't get back to the home screen. Netflix has this issue.

If there are not widgets refreshing, then I can scroll very fast. My iPad-owning friend was complimenting me on the scrolling yesterday in fact. It's fast for the most part. I hope they (Google) fix the lag when widgets are refreshing, though.

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
In my experience, something is off about the Galaxy Tab. I have the Beautiful Widgets wallpaper running on my Xoom and my Tab, it runs at near 60fps on the Xoom but only ~15 on my Tab. And the thing is, it didn't always render that slowly - it was around 60 when I first installed it. This is after a factory reset too.

synjun

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I bought my Tab 10.1 on ebay was in great shape all acc,box well it started to get slow, i found a blog post saying update flash and install adobe air, it worked its faster than wifes ipad2.......get it

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

If its only been 3 weeks then id hurry up and exchange it before you hit your 30 days.

Did you say in a follow up that you bought it from sprint? I didnt even know they were selling them...ive seen them from verizon but not sprint. Anyways, exchange while you can...it could just be a flawed unit.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the above poster. Return the device if you are still having problems with it. What you are describing does not seem normal...

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
That is a 14 day return policy on that device. They will not exchange it. My tab ran great, fast, with widgets and live wallpapers running. I had to return mine because of a snapping noise in lower left corner of screen when i picked it up. Because it was past 14 days samsung blocked the exchange and only choice was to send it in to them under there warranty. Today is 2 weeks I have been waiting and according to tracking process I will have it back tommorow.
Fyi, sprint does sell them.
EVO-LUTION 3D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RylanortheAncient