New Firmware update = New Market

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, new Market is kind of crappy IMO. It's just a blown up version of the phone market. The previous one was a lot better designed. Another problem with the new one is that it opens up blank; I need to perform a search to show any apps. I guess that's related to regional restrictions...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

erjennin

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone noticed any performance improvements? I'm recently flashed the ICS ROM b/c the stock ROM is too slow. I'm wondering if this is worth going back.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Well, new Market is kind of crappy IMO. It's just a blown up version of the phone market. The previous one was a lot better designed. Another problem with the new one is that it opens up blank; I need to perform a search to show any apps. I guess that's related to regional restrictions...

Right, but it actually gives you music now.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Ooh this is fun! New Market gets me a blank opening page from my home's or my office Wi-Fi. I get the proper opening page with all the categories if I tether from my phone. Bah, this just reaffirms that I'm done with skinned Android products. Pure Google Android from now on!

dylan808

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I really wish they would release a statement about when we are getting ICS

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Me too. Sammy's always been a little (and I'm using the term little VERY loosely) vague about device updates. They said Q1 a few months ago but haven't said anything else since then to my knowledge.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Ooh this is fun! New Market gets me a blank opening page from my home's or my office Wi-Fi. I get the proper opening page with all the categories if I tether from my phone. Bah, this just reaffirms that I'm done with skinned Android products. Pure Google Android from now on!

I get this too but it eventually works. You need to wait for about 1-2 minutes and then it'll load. It actually freezes the whole tablet during that time too.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Me too. Sammy's always been a little (and I'm using the term little VERY loosely) vague about device updates. They said Q1 a few months ago but haven't said anything else since then to my knowledge.

I hate to say it but I'm really eyeing a tf prime right about now. I'm a huge samsung fan however it seems ASUS has there stuff together and I also love ASUS

dylan808

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say it but I'm really eyeing a tf prime right about now. I'm a huge samsung fan however it seems ASUS has there stuff together and I also love ASUS

Yeah the Prime sure looks tempting. However I just got my Tab so I'm strained on the funds lol. But it might give me time to see what else other companies will bring to the market.