How do I solve inssuficient space on my Galaxy Tab 2?

cozzabus

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
On my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, I accidently downloaded several of the same apps. I now have no space left on my 8GB hard disc space. I recently purchased a 32GB SD Memory card, but still cannot download anything else. It tells me I have insufficient space. On the top of my home screen, it shows diagrams of many different "!." I cannot delete these. Please, can someone give directions on how to fix this problem to an amatuer such as myself??:mad:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
A lot of times insufficient space is caused by Facebook, SMS, and Email. You can move some of your apps to SD and see if that helps but the things that usually make the biggest impact is clearing the cache for Facebook, deleting large volumes of MMS and SMS messages, and deleting sent emails from your device storage.

To clear caches go to Settings>Apps>All scroll to FB open and manually clear the cache. You may also want to try this for any of your other apps along the way, it's just that usually the FB app manages its cache poorly.

Obviously deleting hundreds of SMS and large MMSs is a good maintenance practice. If there are things in there that you just cannot live without, check to see if you app offers backup or caching of some kind. It should be in the settings. If not there are apps specifically to back these up and other general backup apps that offer the same.

It seems, and I'm not sure why, but email apps seem to want to save your sent items locally on your device. If at all possible change this setting so that future sent emails are saved to the sever. Maildroid is one that I know for sure allows this change.

Insufficient space is usually caused by poor resource management more often than actually being low on space, and these three are the most likely suspects when it comes to that issue.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Do a search or look for threads with SDCARD in the title. There is lots of information in these threads about memory management and how to delete unwanted apps.

tvteck

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
my galaxy has 8 gigs and a 32 gig card says its full the more i delete thw less space there is. how do i solve this issue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa