samsung galaxy tab 2 ( 7.0 ) not charging / booting

Temitope_pinheiro

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
Try holding all the buttons (volume up and down, and power) in at the same time for about ten seconds while the device is plugged into the charger.

This seems to reset the tablet and its charging circuit.

You may have to allow it to charge some more after that before it will power on.

The lithium ion batteries in these tablets aren't designed to be completely drained, and doing so can damage them.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Omg i literally created an account to thank you man 😭😭😭😭😭😭 God bless you

nevertheless

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Try holding all the buttons (volume up and down, and power) in at the same time for about ten seconds while the device is plugged into the charger.

This seems to reset the tablet and its charging circuit.

You may have to allow it to charge some more after that before it will power on.

The lithium ion batteries in these tablets aren't designed to be completely drained, and doing so can damage them.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Hi, I've followed this thread and seen so far how many people you've helped as it were, but mine seems to be an exception for this solution even though I have the same problem. I've tried the above method and only the first time it got me smiling but couldn't pass the "samsung stage" (blinked thrice and went off). I hope trying this method repeatedly doesn't cause any malfunctions cos now the situation seems worse (plug charger_shows battery_*and goes off after few minutes*) as against (_ _*and remains on) PLEASE HELP, pls hlp :(

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I wish l could give you better advice. Perhaps there is a problem with your charger or your cord; but likely the battery is damaged and needs to be replaced.

Dan Termani

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
While it seems silly, I saw the post about cleaning the charger (this one was brand new from Samsung and still did not work) I wiped it down with a cloth carefully inside and out, then blew in to the charging port of the tablet like an NES cartridge, concentracting the stream of air, now the darn thing is charging just fine. I signed up just to thank you for that recommendation.

JIGNESH VERMA

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
If I tried to reboot holding the volume up/down and on and off buttons down and my tablet did turn on for a second but it showed that the battery was not charging and quickly died again. Does this mean I need a new charger or do I need or can I replace the batteries? Please help.

Solution:- you must hold your tab's up ,down and power button for around 30 sec. or more

so that circuit will be reset. as your tab is completely discharged wait for it to get some charge for the basic operation till then dont use it. changing cable isn't solution for when your battery is completely drain. If your charger is broken then change it no problem.

Sunndae

Oct 17, 2018
Visit site
I like to add another solution. Since I saw someone talking about diodes and input/output voltages. I had this exact same problem that the tablet just wouldn't start charging (went on and off) and I couldn't solve it with the button fixes or cleaning the connections. But I have a power bank which charges real quickly. So I tried the same thing while connecting it to the power bank and it suddenly worked. Just left it on there for a minute or two and then tried button fixes/turning it on while charging.

Bodensee Surfer

Oct 11, 2019
Visit site
Another working solution:

For people who still have problems, I have a solution that worked for me the first time i tried it (I am quoting Bill Griffiths who posted this on 16.05.2016 over at ifixit):

"My tab2 also refuses to charge if the battery gets too low. This is how I fix mine.

Disconnect charger

Hold power button and volume up button for 30 seconds

Keep holding buttons while plugging in charger

Hold buttons for another 30 secs

Release power button keeping volume button pressed

Tab starts to charge

Bill"

Edit:
The procedure works too if you hold both volume buttons.
I accidentally held both and the power button, through this description.