Galaxy Tab 3 - Won't Charge

samixikon

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
This is so ridiculous....I have 2 brand new tablets that are doing this. (Gifts for my kids)...also have invested an addl 80 ea for otterboxes. Now I discover that I bought a **** poor product. This really sucks. Goodbye to Samsung... What a piece of crap

i totally agree w u. I am still using an old Samsung mobile bought 2 years ago, never fail me, stable and sturdy. not top form though. So I thought tablet should be good as well. Now I have a non-responsive tab , 2 months old at home like crap. If it is not fixed, I will not buy another Samsung again.

Montythelab

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
OK...I fixed both of these stupid things.. (battery trick) Is there a firmware update or something that we all should do? Do anyone by chance have any info/directions on updating software so we don't have to do this anymore? (thanks)

Montythelab

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
@brosko ...
Looks like it's the battery thing. I have to assume that this issue should be fixed by now via software. While I was chatting with Samsung, they implied with 'Oh well, open a service ticket'...How can they not know of this issue (from a tech support standpoint)?

xmostwanted559x

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
@brosko ...
Looks like it's the battery thing. I have to assume that this issue should be fixed by now via software. While I was chatting with Samsung, they implied with 'Oh well, open a service ticket'...How can they not know of this issue (from a tech support standpoint)?

You had to open the back?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Montythelab

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
You had to open the back?

Yes, on both of them. (Disconnected and reconnected the battery) That fixed it. And for the record as of yesterday (1/28/14) my firmware WAS already up to date. So apparently, Samsung has yet to care enough to fix this. ...They must prefer that we take time out of our busy lives to ship the tablets back to them so they can disconnect the battery for a few seconds and send one back to you.

xmostwanted559x

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes, on both of them. (Disconnected and reconnected the battery) That fixed it. And for the record as of yesterday (1/28/14) my firmware WAS already up to date. So apparently, Samsung has yet to care enough to fix this. ...They must prefer that we take time out of our busy lives to ship the tablets back to them so they can disconnect the battery for a few seconds and send one back to you.

Maybe not fixable through firmware

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
This is so ridiculous....I have 2 brand new tablets that are doing this. (Gifts for my kids)...also have invested an addl 80 ea for otterboxes. Now I discover that I bought a **** poor product. This really sucks. Goodbye to Samsung... What a piece of crap

Just curious...If these were brand new and they are not working, why didn't you just return them for new ones? Obviously, this is not a problem with all Tab 3 7.0 tablets.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Just curious...If these were brand new and they are not working, why didn't you just return them for new ones? Obviously, this is not a problem with all Tab 3 7.0 tablets.

Good question! I have returned more than one tablet on the past due to a defect. That is the beautiful thing about amazon, you got 30 days and they are GREAT about returns for ANY reason.

fultzjap

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Just followed the video to detach the battery cable for 30 seconds, put it back together again. Worked like a charm, thanks forum and video dood!:-*

Montythelab

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Mainly because I didn't feel like wasting my time honestly. (shipping them back & not having tablets for a couple of weeks) My kids really wanted to use their brand new tablets. Quite frankly, I could have returned both of them to BestBuy as well. I didn't do that because I also bought 2 $80 dollar Otterboxes. (from 2 different stores). I just really want anyone reading this to know that there is a MAJOR defect in these POS tablets and to NOT PURCHASE Samsung crap until they start caring about their quality. Sure not everyone is defective....however, I have two brand new ones that were. God forbid you let the battery run out... :mad::mad:

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Mainly because I didn't feel like wasting my time honestly. (shipping them back & not having tablets for a couple of weeks) My kids really wanted to use their brand new tablets. Quite frankly, I could have returned both of them to BestBuy as well. I didn't do that because I also bought 2 $80 dollar Otterboxes. (from 2 different stores). I just really want anyone reading this to know that there is a MAJOR defect in these POS tablets and to NOT PURCHASE Samsung crap until they start caring about their quality. Sure not everyone is defective....however, I have two brand new ones that were. God forbid you let the battery run out... :mad::mad:

If you think Samsung is bad you should try (not really) a nexus 7, that'd make for some interesting comments, that's for sure. :)

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Well it looks good on paper and the benchmark numbers are good too. That said I am really liking the Tab 3's physical buttons and clickable home button...no screen space wasted on fake software buttons that do not consistently work. There have been issues with software updates breaking the Nexus 7 entirely, and performance degradation. I could handle one but it would be a nightmare to support someone over the phone if/when it implodes. If you get Nexus look seriously at switching to Cyanogenmod and finding religion.

That and to my size hand the Tab 3 7.0 feels better than Nexus to hold.

xmostwanted559x

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Well it looks good on paper and the benchmark numbers are good too. That said I am really liking the Tab 3's physical buttons and clickable home button...no screen space wasted on fake software buttons that do not consistently work. There have been issues with software updates breaking the Nexus 7 entirely, and performance degradation. I could handle one but it would be a nightmare to support someone over the phone if/when it implodes. If you get Nexus look seriously at switching to Cyanogenmod and finding religion.

That and to my size hand the Tab 3 7.0 feels better than Nexus to hold.

Looks like I went correct route

Last edited:

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Since nobody posted to my impressions thread I will have to compare my benchmark numbers against those internet reviews of the wifi model 7.0, the only thing I have for reference right now is 3DMark and the 7.0 LTE is 2-3x faster even in CPU portion. o_O;

That can't be right??

Nexus 7 still faster than 7.0 LTE of course.

Montythelab

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
If you think Samsung is bad you should try (not really) a nexus 7, that'd make for some interesting comments, that's for sure. :)

Ironically enough, my oldest son does have a Nexus 7. Thus far no problems (thankfully). I know he wished it had the rear camera though. ...and at least I don't have to take it apart when it runs out of juice! haha (at least I can laugh about it....now):D

JFetch

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I had to pull back off and disconnect the battery on a brand new Tab 3. This is a big issue that Samsung needs to address.

Montythelab

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
To be crystal clear to Samsung and anyone interested in a Tab 3...DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG TAB 3 UNTIL THEY FIX THIS...MAY BE A FACTORY DEFECT THAT CANNOT BE FIXED. Although WE have wasted our money, please do not waste yours. Please buy a quality tablet that allows the battery to discharge without having to disassemble the tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699