Tab 3 7.0 should be getting update very soon

Realsis77

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I bought the galaxy tab 3 7.0 and it came with 4.2.2 already installed. It would be nice if we got kit kat soon! I'm certain 4. 2.2 is available because that's what mine came with out of the box so you might want to hook up to kies and see if you can get your update from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 from kies. I have no issue with my device what so ever. It runs wonderfully . I would search for this update via kies I'm sure they have it

jw154j

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
the Tab 3 7.0 will be getting 4.4 update soon. This was announced by Google, and also some carriers.
I have had 4.2.2 since I purchased the Tab 3 7.0 in NOVEMBER 2013. It is the Sprint SM-T217S.

ONLY the LTE versions of the Tab 3 7.0 have been upgraded to 4.2.2. WiFi and 3G are still at 4.1.2.
NOTE: the LTE Tab 3 7.0 has a much faster processor (1.7 GHz vs 1.3 GHz), more memory (1.5 GB vs 1 GB), and more storage (16 GB-32 GB vs 8 GB). All Tab 3 versions are rumored to receive 4.4.2 KitKat. The Tab 3 LTE are guaranteed to receive it though as it was announced officially by Android and Sprint.

ungibbed

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I came in hoping that Android 4.4.x Kitkat was out for release via the desktop version of Kies. Worked great the last time I had updated my old GS3 on my Mac.

The basic Wifi Tab 3 7.0 is a nice usable device but I'm at a loss as to why it released with 4.1.2

4.2.2 is a great build that even bargain tablets are shipping with.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 3 via tin cans and string.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Seems likely going by Nexus 7 and other forums for Kit Kat devices.

"Battery drops like a bomb"

I am actually pessimistic on 4.4 until else is proven...

Sean Leckie

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Samsung's negligence is unnerving and an inconvience to its users. They are falling so far behind on updates it isn't even funny. Kind of annoyed because I got this brand spanking new tab and it can't utilize anything I need and want it to.

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
What do you require that 4.1.x can't do? The only feature that immediately comes to mind as a barrier feature as it were is Google now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sean Leckie

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
What do you require that 4.1.x can't do? The only feature that immediately comes to mind as a barrier feature as it were is Google now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Well, I was pumped when I was trying to get lock screen notifications via NiLS, but of course, no widgets can be placed in the lock screen of 4.1

On top of all new speed updates, that's my biggest excitement in 4.2.2. :)

Last edited:

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Samsung's negligence is unnerving and an inconvience to its users. They are falling so far behind on updates it isn't even funny. Kind of annoyed because I got this brand spanking new tab and it can't utilize anything I need and want it to.

If you're still stuck with 4.1.2 on the wifi models I can understand your frustration as a (young tech enthusiast?), but the likelihood is that Samsung will roll even that model direct to 4.4.x if/when it gets an upgrade. I wish you could just get 4.2.2 like most of the others shipped with.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Tab 3 7.0 has not gotten kitkat/4.4 yet. They did announce it will be receiving it but it has not come out yet. Any updates on the Tab 3 7.0 that anyone sees now is minor.