Galaxy Tab 3: battery drain on standby

RainmanP

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this with mine starting a couple of months ago. Seemed like 15%/day, now 20%. It definitely was not losing charge this fast before. I would have notice. I have done factory reset, turned off wifi, bt, gps, and everything else, removed sd card. Still losing 20%/day. I have tested several times for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 days. Very consistent. In fact after 5 days it did not even have enough charge to power on. Seems like a lot of people are having this issue. I have spoken and chatted with Samsung tech support 3 times, and they keep suggesting things to try. Now time to send in under warranty.

orion430

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
This certainly is not normal as my tab 3.8.0 loses around 1 or 2 % battery power a day when in standby mode. I have been worried about some of the requirements for genuine downloaded apps to have access to power, wifi, phone book, contacts, email and be able to erase and send data at will. I disable these apps as a rule as I am not sure how safe they are but can they run in the background and consume power doing tasks you know nothing about?
Does this happen if unit is turned off?

Posted via Android Central App

RainmanP

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I thought I would post an update. I have returned my GT38 TWICE for this issue. Each time they return the tablet with a new charger and cord, but as far as I can tell, nothing else has been done. I am now in the process of submitting a THIRD service request! I have performed numerous factory resets, installed no apps, turned off wifi, bluetooth, GPS, etc., removed SD card, EVERYTHING that might use even the tiniest bit of power. Still the tab loses 20% PER DAY. If I do not turn it on for 5 days, it will not even turn on, not even a glimmer on the screen, without being plugged in. I basically have not used it for 2-3 months now while I have been trying to get this resolved. Strangely, battery life while actually using the tablet does not seem significantly less than before.

bouldy

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I have same issue charge too 100%switched off and battery completly drainedin 2 days without use sent too samsung came and still has same issue hearing on grapevine could be faulty sd csrd..not sure.

Posted via Android Central App

DarrylGittins

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Same here. Brand new S3, hardly anything installed, and I get 48 hours tops. I've had Samsungs that would hold a charge for weeks, and the iPad goes at least a week or even two.

2 days is totally unacceptable.

Any suggestions?

cranej

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Samsung tab 3 8".When off in standby with wifi off and no sd card installed the battery drains 20% in 6hrs is this unusual.

I know this post is old. My Samsung Tab 3 drains as well. One thing that does work is putting it in airplane mode when not using it. Mine maintains 100% if I keep it in airplane mode. I don't think that is acceptable but it works. Just in case anyone wanted to know how to keep their tablet charged.

Clair Gasson

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 that has been great for the past 3 or so years then it began to run slow so I reformatted it.

It runs fine now except it flattens pretty quick when using, I generally just looked at Facebook, Twitter etc. usually on a Saturday and Sunday morning. Rest of the week it is turned off.

I have now noticed it is discharging during the week whilst off, anywhere between 20 and 30%, so when I turn it on it can be at 70% and within 20 or so minutes it's down to 20 to 30%.

Any ideas?