Galaxy Tab 3 Power / Battery / Update Issues

JF1920

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi

I bought my Tab 3 brand new a few years ago, a couple of months ago it would turn off randomly and I would have to turn it upside down to get it to turn back on. I let it sit for a few months and when I tried to turn it on again it wouldn't power up even after I left it to charge all day. The battery was showing being charged but it wouldn't turn on.
I let it sit for a few more months, then just yesterday I plugged it in to my computer to charge and it miraculously turned on, but showed battery with red x. I turned it off, let it charge then turned it back on and plugged it in to a wall charger and got it to 100% battery.
So....now that it's on, and the battery is charged whatever happened during the "shut down" now will not allow me to update anything. For example one of my games requires an update, when I go to install update it says my playstore is out of date and so is chrome but when I go to settings it says there are no updates available.
I really don't want to set it back to factory settings and lose everything.
Any advice?

JF1920

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
When I tap on play store the screen turns white and nothing happens. I have to back out then I get a message saying there was an error loading it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try going to the App Manager, select Play Store, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open it again--does it still crash?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member