Advice on purchasing for an 11 year old

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My daughter's birthday and 5th grade graduation is coming up and she's been asking us for many things of course, but on her list are - an ipod touch, a small laptop, a tablet/e-reader

The laptop is out of the question because of the cost and she already has a very good all in one desktop that we just bought last year. the ipod touch is out of the question because its apple, so was considering a Samsung Galaxy Player instead which I'm sure she'd love, right now her mp3 player is a sansa fuze and we use rhapsody, and the rhapsody app for android works great. On the other hand - because she also wants a tablet, we are considering buying a 7" android tablet instead of the Player and the Tab 7.0 Plus is looking really good to me at $350. It just seems like the perfect compromise between a tablet and the player and will do everything she wants and more. I have considered the Nook tablet but part of the appeal of the ipod touch is the camera so if we go the tablet route we need to get one with a camera.

Would anyone recomend/not recomend this tablet for an 11 year old?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I would definitely go the tablet route and would recommend the GTab Plus over the Nook... I use to own the original 7" GTab and would even recommend that one also over the Nook (you can find them for around $200)... its a great little tablet that I'm sure she'll enjoy. The cameras not the greatest but that's with all tablets so there's not much you can do about that.

2ndaccord

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you could hold out for a few weeks until the pricing on the new galaxy tab 2 comes out. It is being announced as the true successor to the origin galaxy tab 7. The price point might possibly be lower the the current 7.0 plus to compete with the kindle fire. It has similar specs to the current 7.0 plus but comes with ics preloaded.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress