Does anyone know why my videos in facebook are blurry with my Galaxy Tab S10.5?

arnydekorvy

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I have recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy Tab S10.5 - SM-T800. Up to this point it is the tablet with the best video resolution. With most of it I have no problems. Videos on Netflix are of good quality. HD movies on YouTube are good as well. However my videos on Facebook are always blurry. Even the HD videos such as GoPro videos. I understand that to put videos on FB - you need to reduce the size and resolution so that it fits; however, on my laptop and on my phone it is of great focus and quality but on my Galaxy Tab S it is always blurry. On my dad's Ipad the quality is great of the same video. Can anybody help me with this?

I've tried googling it for a week now and can't get any results. I've also looked at my facebook settings, but the only seetings I can find for video is to turn off auto-play.

Looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Arnaud de Korver

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to Facebook on your computer browser, go to Settings, then Videos, and change Video Default Quality to "HD if available." Not sure if this will help, but worth a try.

arnydekorvy

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy,

Thanks for the reply. I've already done that and still the videos on my tablet through facebook were blurry. I was hoping that would work or that on the tablet when watching the video you can choose HD or not....but unfortunately that is not the case.

Thanks again.

Arny

arnydekorvy

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Yeah that is an option but that kind of defeats the point really doesn't it?? I just want to know whether other users of the galaxy tab s have the same problem...meaning it's a fault in the tablet? If others do not have it, then it must be a fault with my tablet. And as I got it on boxing day, I'd rather tackle it now to see whether I can replace it with another one. I used my parents I-pad (not even the newest one) and the videos on fb (HD ones) are of great quality.

B. Diddy: do you know if I have to install a certain video converter app to watch the videos properly on Facebook? In my opinion I would think it should happen automatically, especially it being a Galaxy tab s where they say it has the best resolution?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but I'm unaware of any video converters. It might be an issue specific to the Android version of Facebook, or to Samsung. I tried viewing some videos using my wife's Tab Pro 8.4, and they were also relatively low res. You may want to email the developer and ask them directly: android-support@fb.com

tvi55

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I solved the problem to upload a HD video from a mobile device (Galaxy Note 3) as follows:

• you need to access Facebook using one of the Web Browsers in Android
  • it is required to get the PC-version of the page accessed instead of the mobile version
  • this has worked for me with the following address: facebook.com/about/login
  • upload the video in the same manner as you would do on a PC
  • your uploaded (full) HD video will then be available in HD (1280x720) format

Last edited:

3stan2016

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
I exactly have this same problem with my Samsung Android phone (Galaxy E7). But the first few weeks from the day I bought my phone, the videos I uploaded seemed to be ok, very clear and NOT PIXELATED... but about a month after, everytime I upload an HD video, the moment I played it..it's very pixelated, even when the HD icon is clicked. It's over a year and still the videos are not clear so what I usually do now is copy the video file from my samsung device to my iPad then upload it via iOS Facebook which is quite tedious. I wonder If you have found out any solutiom to this already? would greatly appreciate if you have and share it with me. thanks.

rawhite1987

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
I am getting the same problem with my Galaxy S6. My friends can send images clear without issues but for some reason I cannot. Anytime I send pictures via the messenger app they come out distorted. They end up distored wherever they are viewed

mkennedyboston

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I solved the problem to upload a HD video from a mobile device (Galaxy Note 3) as follows:

• you need to access Facebook using one of the Web Browsers in Android
  • it is required to get the PC-version of the page accessed instead of the mobile version
  • this has worked for me with the following address: facebook.com/about/login
  • upload the video in the same manner as you would do on a PC
  • your uploaded (full) HD video will then be available in HD (1280x720) format

My android browser forces me to the mobile site versus the pc-version of the page - and I agree this defeats the purpose - seems fb not supporting android the same as ios

tessa wyant

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Don't know if it will help, mine was doing this on my iPhone. When you click the video is there an option "HD" on the bottom right hand corner? I always have to hit that and it makes it clear. Hope this helps