Tried rooting my tab and now I'm stuck.

ViperSBT

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
I tried rooting my tablet using the instructions found here: https://androidmtk.com/root-samsung-galaxy-tab-s-10-5-wifi-sm-t800

After the process finished, I went to the SuperSU app and launched it, but it said that it wasn't working and that I needed to try launching into recovery. I did that and restarted the tablet. That is when everything went south.

After the Samsung logo the screen went black and all I got was a series of alert boxes telling me that "Unfortunately, XYZ has stopped." and I can click on OK or sometimes Report. XYZ can be replaced by any number of dozens of different apps/services.... After getting them all cleared, try pressing a button and another window pops up letting me know something else is stopped.

I can't seem to connect via USB, due to everything being stopped I suppose.

Where do I go from here?

FWIW: SM-T800 running Android 5.0.2 and Knox 2.3

Deefsail

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
At the bottom of that page there is is warning about flashing some firmware. You might want to try that. Im not sure how. It looks to me whoever wrote that page of instruction was originally referring to a phone.

I have never had success rooting this Samsung Tab S, despite the many claims out there. Your predicament is not good.

Posted via the Android Central App

ViperSBT

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
I originally didn't think there was anything I was worried about on that tablet, but there are a couple of documents that I need to get off of it before I can just wipe it. Is there a way to get this back to a functional point that would allow me to get some documents off it it before wiping it?

ViperSBT

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
I found a solution, whether this will work for you or not I can't say.

I was able to download the latest firmware for my device from Samsung. Then I used Odin to flash that firmware to my device, without altering any of my data. The device rebooted and after a minute came up to my normal lock screen. Everything was as it had been. I was able to access my documents and get a full backup with Kies.