Tab S2 9.7 Wouldn't Turn On After Charging

VitaminA

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

I've had the Tab S2 for about a week now, but just had an odd issue this morning. After charging, I disconnected the cable and tried to turn on the screen (the tablet was on when I began charging). It wouldn't come on after trying both the fingerprint scanner and the power button. I tried holding down the power button, but no luck. Finally, after several attempts, I was able to get the tablet to turn on after holding down power and volume down for several seconds. I was expecting it to boot up in recovery mode, but it just booted up normally.

Any ideas on why this may have happened? Could I have "overcharged it," causing it to shut itself off and require a specific way to turn back on? Definitely would like to confirm if this is a defect or not so I can still catch my return/exchange window. Thanks!

CMSevilla

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Given that it's only a week old, it may have been caught mid-update and froze up. Not a necessarily common occurrence but it happens.

If it happens regularly, then I suggest you wipe the tablet completely and try again. If it keeps happening then, perhaps you should reach out to Samsung and explain the situation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer