Windows XP running on a Tab S3!

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
I got a pre-made HDD image of a stripped-down XP an fired it up with an emulated Haswell CPU in Limbo PC Emulator (the latest version from the Limbo site, not the buggy edition from the play store). Takes a few minutes to boot bit the runs at *acceptable* speeds (Thanks Qualcomm). This adds so much usefulness to Android that it is unbelievable!
bf4d46782d7b46a22f00b635261e2098.jpg

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
It is slow, so productivity use is out of question. I would GLADLY post a link to the image file, but I do not want to get a second "illegal activities warning" (first one happened for sharing a play store link to a free movie/TV streaming/downloading app, which is totally absurd since it is on play store and this shouldn't be illegal...). In reality, downloading XP for free (modified, cracked, original or whatever) is not technically considered piracy and doesn't get you in trouble since it is not being produced/sold anymore (in other words, it is abondonware just like Win9x and 2000), but I do not want to take any risks by posting MediaFire links here...

But yes, this is one of the coolest things ever. In a different, but sadly fallen apart (after update) emulator, I did get Windows 10 PE (non modded free Microsoft version) and a modded Windows 7 PE live disk (that came with normal windows components added) to boot in about 30-40 minutes. I will try that in Limbo with quad core emulation during my next school break (don't have a few hours to spare anytime soon).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37