Strike One You're Out!

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
So this is my feedback after Owning this tablet twice.

I purchased this last year with the keyboard case and loved it. I remember it being silly smooth and yeah, I was a fan. I ended up returning it because I was taking a trip to Disney and thought the money could be better spent there. Fast forward to mid March. It was my birthday so I decided to treat myself and pick up the tab s3 with keyboard case again.

Power it on and load up all my apps and it was laggy as ever. Wasn't necessarily laggy on the homescreen but it was super laggy using Facebook and internet. Like way beyond laggy for a 600 dollar tablet.

I tried messing with the settings, turning off screen capture gestures and stuff. Helped slightly in homescreen use but nothing as far as website and app lag. I even installed another launcher.

I ended up just returning it as I figure it I'm spending 600 bucks on a top tablet it shouldn't have the lag that I was experiencing. Not sure if an update was pushed from the time I first owned it in September until now?

I ended up ordering a Asus Zenpad 3S 10 as I've been watching a lot of reviews and performance videos. Looks smooth and butter and for half the price It delivers Monday so I will find out in person.

Thought I'd share my thoughts in case it helps anyone else.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Since September, it's probably gotten Oreo.

2. Samsung devices don't seem to like TKIP Wifi encryption. If you're using it in your router, that would explain the internet lag. (Facebook would take a few hours to load a small picture. Even leaving it running overnight wouldn't load a small video. Changing the encryption in the router to AES [which is more secure anyway] - and redoing the connection in the Samsung device, of course - changed that into "you can't scroll the screen fast enough to not see the pictures already there|.) I'm no longer using either Samsung or Facebook, so I can't verify if that's still the case, but it may be.

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
1. Since September, it's probably gotten Oreo.

2. Samsung devices don't seem to like TKIP Wifi encryption. If you're using it in your router, that would explain the internet lag. (Facebook would take a few hours to load a small picture. Even leaving it running overnight wouldn't load a small video. Changing the encryption in the router to AES [which is more secure anyway] - and redoing the connection in the Samsung device, of course - changed that into "you can't scroll the screen fast enough to not see the pictures already there|.) I'm no longer using either Samsung or Facebook, so I can't verify if that's still the case, but it may be.

Hmmm, maybe that was the case. I used to be with Xfinity but switched to Fios about 3 months ago....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez