Verizon Galaxy Tab

fbords

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking to pickup the verizon version. Anyone know if it's available on its own without the mifi?

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

dcviper

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes it is. You might have to "educate" the sales clown, but stick to your guns. The idiots at the Salisbury, MD corporate store tried that with me, and I told them "Well, then I guess I'll go over to Sprint, because theirs does have the 3G radios in it" After that the guy was all "Umm, lemme go check on that for you" After he came back, his apologies were almost profuse :)

jokerls240

Nov 10, 2009
www.facebook.com
Mine was ordered online and I was not given the ability to opt out of a data plan for it. So I just took the 3GB plan just in case. Still somewhat ill about the web ordering system requiring a data plan when the price point for the Tab is not subsidized. I'll get over it as soon as FedEx knocks on my door tomorrow! :D

fbords

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Look at the bright side, you can kill the dataplan if you decide you don't need it.

How long do you needed to keep it before you can cancel? I'm just looking to use it over wifi or tether it. Yet another data plan would be rediculous.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

Anev

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the Verizon version and HAD to activate it by adding a 3G data plan before I could use it. Once activated, you then can cancel the plan when ever, the next day, two weeks from now, before the end of the month, after the end of the month, years from now.

Personally, the value is the 3G, though I usually always have a WiFi connection but the fun really starts while sitting in a park with no WiFi and you can then connect and get all your stuff right then and there.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the Verizon version and HAD to activate it by adding a 3G data plan before I could use it. Once activated, you then can cancel the plan when ever, the next day, two weeks from now, before the end of the month, after the end of the month, years from now.

Personally, the value is the 3G, though I usually always have a WiFi connection but the fun really starts while sitting in a park with no WiFi and you can then connect and get all your stuff right then and there.

T-Mobile told me this device needs a service to function. I dont really know what that means?

whydidnt

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, I purchased at the local Verizon corporate store and had to activate it as well. The system won't let them sell it to you without activating (at least that's what it seemed like). However, since I'm already paying for tethering on my X and told them it didn't make sense to pay $20/month for 2GB of tethering and an additional $20 for only 1GB on the Tab, the manager gave me a credit to cover the activation fee plus the first months data charge on the Tab. I just need to cancel within 30 days.

If you are already paying for tethering on your account, you may want to point this out and see if you can work the same deal.

blinkergffg

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, correct me if I?m wrong. If I root my Fascinate and add a wireless tether app, I can access the web on a Galaxy Tab via my fascinate and don?t need the data plan.

Thanks for the input.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
So to those who have the Verizon Tab, you actually have to activate it in the 3G network first before you can even use it? You can't just set it up on Wifi?? Wow...I mean I'm not that keen on the iPad but at least you can use the thing without having to activate it on AT&T's network and just use the Wifi. I was hoping the Tab was going to be the same way.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, correct me if I?m wrong. If I root my Fascinate and add a wireless tether app, I can access the web on a Galaxy Tab via my fascinate and don?t need the data plan.

Thanks for the input.

Yes the wireless tether app works great on the Galaxy Tab.

shoman24v

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Best deal, short term is the Sprint Tab. It's $399 with a 2GB plan for $30.00/mo

I'd rather buy the thing on contract to be honest because the $30.00/mo you won't even notice.

T-mobile has it for the same price but for $25/mo you only get 200mb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress