HELP!! Security lock screen lock stuck

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I've set up my security password on my watch and now I can not remove it "none" is grayed out "payments only" so they can't be selected. Cannot change the lock settings anymore. I was just trying to set up where you only need a password if you're using Samsung pay can't change that setting either now.
Any posible suggestions on removing the lock settings?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
First I don't believe it will allow you to disable phone security if you have a payment system set-up on the device. I know awhile back this came up and the poster had to disable Google Pay in order to remove the password and make their device swipe to open. I would assume this would be true for Samsung Pay and any other similar payment system. Also the device cannot be encrypted. This is because the encryption key is the password, pin, pattern or fingerprint. Essentially you will be taking all security away from your device by allowing it to be swipe to open. Just throwing that out there.

Meanwhile, there are settings that have to be changed in the Administrative Permissions to get the "none" option back. Here is a thread from another forum, I know we've covered it here at AC but I can't find it and I know for sure because I've provided this answer before, anyway, about half way down the OP of the thread figures it out and posts the step by step solution. Follow the G comments until you get to the one where it says Yay!

https://forums.tomsguide.com/thread...e-to-remove-password-to-unlock-screen.121653/

Post back if you have any further questions. Best wishes.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for responding!! I will look into this. I didn't think about the permissions. I just want my watch to work with a pin if I choose to use Samsung pay on my watch.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
First I don't believe it will allow you to disable phone security if you have a payment system set-up on the device. I know awhile back this came up and the poster had to disable Google Pay in order to remove the password and make their device swipe to open. I would assume this would be true for Samsung Pay and any other similar payment system. Also the device cannot be encrypted. This is because the encryption key is the password, pin, pattern or fingerprint. Essentially you will be taking all security away from your device by allowing it to be swipe to open. Just throwing that out there.

Meanwhile, there are settings that have to be changed in the Administrative Permissions to get the "none" option back. Here is a thread from another forum, I know we've covered it here at AC but I can't find it and I know for sure because I've provided this answer before, anyway, about half way down the OP of the thread figures it out and posts the step by step solution. Follow the G comments until you get to the one where it says Yay!

https://forums.tomsguide.com/thread...e-to-remove-password-to-unlock-screen.121653/

Unfortunately I did check my setting the watch isn't listed in the device Admin permissions neither is Samsung pay. I guess there's no way to remove the security feature on the watch. I tried everything.😥😔
Thank you for trying to help!!

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a bug... I have S-Pay installed and can change my PIN.

You may have to reset the device and start over, sounds like something is messed up. Do you know the PIN?

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Also I use both watch and payment settings, so I type my pin in only when the watch is removed from my wrist, or when the watch is still for a long time like I fall asleep and don't move for a while.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Unlike Google pay Samsung Pay uses its own security pin or biometrics so you might be able to disable the the lock screen code. I'd have to check later but it might not help because I can only check on the Note 10 not a watch.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Also I use both watch and payment settings, so I type my pin in only when the watch is removed from my wrist, or when the watch is still for a long time like I fall asleep and don't move for a while.

This is how I have mine set up!🥺 I think it has to be a glitch. It should allow me to put the pin in to change the type of security I want. I'm gonna keep playing with it. I just wanted to change it to where I only need a pin if I use Samsung pay.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Update: So I come to find out that my job security level on emails was preventing me from changing my lock preferences and level of security on watch since I would also receive emails on my watch.

Thank you to all that attempted to help me resolve this issue!!! I appreciate your help.😊😊

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana