How do I stop alerts on my watch?

viennesewaltz

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I have an all-day event in my Google calendar. Google Calendar reminds me of the event the day before because that's what I set a reminder for. But my Galaxy watch also sends an alert at 6.00am on the day of the event. I cannot see where to stop these alerts, either on the watch or on Google Calendar. Can anyone help, please? Many thanks.

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
If you want to stop them permanently (and this would be for all Google Calendar notifications) then go into the Galaxy Gear app on your phone & the Notifications section, look for Google Calendar & turn the switch Off.

viennesewaltz

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, but I don't think that can be it. I already have all notifications turned off in Galaxy Wearable, see screenshot. When my watch beeps at 6.00am on the day of the event, I don't think it's a notification, it's more like an alert or a reminder (is there a difference between them?). What I need is something that turns watch alerts off.

Screenshot_20210215-153555_Galaxy Watch3 PlugIn.jpg

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
There is a difference. Maybe it IS the Reminder app on your watch. When you get that "beep" does it also have a visual notification appear on the watch? If so, tap on it & see if it brings up the Reminder app (or which app) so maybe you can then cancel it.

MarineDawg

May 7, 2017
Visit site
I have an all-day event in my Google calendar. Google Calendar reminds me of the event the day before because that's what I set a reminder for. But my Galaxy watch also sends an alert at 6.00am on the day of the event. I cannot see where to stop these alerts, either on the watch or on Google Calendar. Can anyone help, please? Many thanks.

This may be how Google calendar handles external notifications baked in to the app? I was running a different OS back in the day and the notifications for all day events would alert at 12:00am because we'll that's when the day would start. I could not find a way to disable or delay those at all sadly. Hopefully you are an early bird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez