New Update Inbound

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Anyone with T-Mobile remember how much time passed between the last BT update and corresponding LTE update?

FWIW I contacted T-Mobile on Twitter, and the rep doesn't yet have any info on when we'll get the update.

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Anyone with T-Mobile remember how much time passed between the last BT update and corresponding LTE update?

FWIW I contacted T-Mobile on Twitter, and the rep doesn't yet have any info on when we'll get the update.[/QUOTE @ [MENTION=2718013]arunma[/MENTION], I just had a trawl through the threads for the previous software update. US BT version first reported 24th Jan; UK BT version around 1st Feb; you reported you downloaded LTE version on T-Mobile on 1st March.

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Kko, I meant just a power off and back on again. That file which was getting stuck could be anything - an app, a watch face, or something else. So, not necessarily the update. If, just before you saw it, you didn't get the notification of a new update being available with the long list of changes, then I agree with you and it means the update isn't available yet for BT version in your country. It still isn't available for the BT model in the UK, either, as @evohicks has said.
On another note, have a look in your Galaxy Store to see if Gear Tracker is available yet. A new version has just been launched.

Sonnnet I the watch on and off, I made a reset and also factory reboot. Still nothing here...I quess we are all anxiously waiting right?
As far the Gear Tracker app which you perfectly remember, still no luck...not available for Cyprus area yet.
Personally I dont care if I get the new update very late, as long as it brings with it an HR fix for the issues we are all facing

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Sonnnet I the watch on and off, I made a reset and also factory reboot. Still nothing here...I quess we are all anxiously waiting right?
As far the Gear Tracker app which you perfectly remember, still no luck...not available for Cyprus area yet.
Personally I dont care if I get the new update very late, as long as it brings with it an HR fix for the issues we are all facing
Yes agree, I don't mind either if it's worth waiting for. This release seems to be a bit random. @Greymire has the update and I think his is the BT model in the US (?). But LTE owners in the US don't have the update yet. But in the UK, LTE owners have it but the BT owners don't.
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. It's a bit confusing !

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Yes agree, I don't mind either if it's worth waiting for. This release seems to be a bit random. @Greymire has the update and I think his is the BT model in the US (?). But LTE owners in the US don't have the update yet. But in the UK, LTE owners have it but the BT owners don't.

Yeah this seems to be the case.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I have the Bluetooth model in the US. There seems to be no reasoning to this particular roll out.

Last edited:

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
@sonnnet, thanks for looking through those old threads! I guess we can expect it on T-Mobile around July 1. I'm wondering if the LTE update will allow us to toggle cellular connectivity to on/off/auto via quick settings, like we can with Wi-Fi. I guess that's not something current users with the BT version can tell us. For some reason the current version of Tizen lets us turn mobile data on and off, but not the cellular connectivity itself. Not sure why they thought that would be useful. I'm not sure why anyone would frequently want a cell signal but no data. Oh well.

Anyone know if they fixed the bug with adding food calories? For those who don't know what I'm talking about, when I use calorie quick add in Samsung Health to log food calories via my watch, it gets timestamped as 5 or 6 hours later than the time I actually added it. I presume it's a time zone issue, since I'm in Central, which is 5 or 6 hours behind GMT, based on whether it's daylight saving time or not. Either way, it makes calorie quick add useless because I can't log food from my watch after 6-7 pm. Can anyone (preferably anyone far West of Greenwich, England) confirm if this was fixed?

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
@sonnnet, thanks for looking through those old threads! I guess we can expect it on T-Mobile around July 1. I'm wondering if the LTE update will allow us to toggle cellular connectivity to on/off/auto via quick settings, like we can with Wi-Fi. I guess that's not something current users with the BT version can tell us. For some reason the current version of Tizen lets us turn mobile data on and off, but not the cellular connectivity itself. Not sure why they thought that would be useful. I'm not sure why anyone would frequently want a cell signal but no data. Oh well.

Anyone know if they fixed the bug with adding food calories? For those who don't know what I'm talking about, when I use calorie quick add in Samsung Health to log food calories via my watch, it gets timestamped as 5 or 6 hours later than the time I actually added it. I presume it's a time zone issue, since I'm in Central, which is 5 or 6 hours behind GMT, based on whether it's daylight saving time or not. Either way, it makes calorie quick add useless because I can't log food from my watch after 6-7 pm. Can anyone (preferably anyone far West of Greenwich, England) confirm if this was fixed?
No worries, @arunma. I was as trying to predict when I might get the update (UK BT user). But there's no guaranteeing Samsung (and carriers for LTE) will follow the same schedule as last time. Too many layers for Tizen, as we know... Still by far the best Smartwatch OS, in my opinion though.
You've raised good points there. Surely an LTE toggle would be massively useful and easy to implement. I didn't realise the time lag with quick add calories - I've never used it as I use My Fitness Pal on my phone so there is a record of exactly what food I've eaten.
Actually, there's a thought. Do you have the My Fitness Pal app on your watch and synced to S Health? If so, what happens if you quick add calories on the My Fitness Pal watch app? Still a time lag or does it record as it should?

atliens

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Just got the Bluetooth version of the update. Since the update it's only gone down to 98% since I've been out the house.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site

Screen one and two from the shade.
773f9f9f2e1dee55b604875f7f616a49.jpg
37b4e58c7ee51a1512cd8a6db820cf0c.jpg

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Also sleep tracking has been registering at least 10% deep sleep a night and gets up to around 17% so far. It is an improvement but I think the improvement is from the improved heart tracking since it uses that for deep sleep. I did have it hit 21%, once and only once, before the update. Prior to the upgrade it averaged between 7 to10%. Normally on the low end. I still think it is a bit off from reading what averages souks be. We should be seeing averages of 17 to 20 percent which sleep as Android gives me. Again it is improved.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
No worries, @arunma. I was as trying to predict when I might get the update (UK BT user). But there's no guaranteeing Samsung (and carriers for LTE) will follow the same schedule as last time. Too many layers for Tizen, as we know... Still by far the best Smartwatch OS, in my opinion though.
You've raised good points there. Surely an LTE toggle would be massively useful and easy to implement. I didn't realise the time lag with quick add calories - I've never used it as I use My Fitness Pal on my phone so there is a record of exactly what food I've eaten.
Actually, there's a thought. Do you have the My Fitness Pal app on your watch and synced to S Health? If so, what happens if you quick add calories on the My Fitness Pal watch app? Still a time lag or does it record as it should?

Yeah I actually started using MyFitnessPal specifically because it has a watch app and avoids the time zone issue (it just timestamps everything as midnight, I believe). Really the only downside is that it requires a BT connection on the watch app, and takes awhile to open, whereas the Samsung Health calorie counter opens pretty much instantly.

But good call on MyFitnessPal. Good thing Samsung Health on the phone integrates with it so well!

Peter621022

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
For those who can't wait: your watch has a region code (CSC). Roll out per region uses that code to determine which watch gets the update, and which doesn't.
I've successfully changed the CSC code of my watch to XAC (Canada) which triggered the update for my GW46mm BT. After installation I changed the code back to PHN (The Netherlands).
Wanna try? I found instructions here:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/forum....-how-to-change-gear-s3-r760-csc-t3784226/amp/
A few remarks:
*changing the CSC code resets your watch, so make a backup first.
*after enabling Debugging on your watch, restart it before you try to connect your watch to your PC.
*as mentioned above by someone, the update has rolled out in different countries for different models of the watch. Make sure that you know the CSC code for which the firmware for your watch model has been rolled out.

Last edited:

malachijd

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
For those who can't wait: your watch has a region code (CSC). Roll out per region uses that code to determine which watch gets the update, and which doesn't.
I've successfully changed the CSC code of my watch to XAC (Canada) which triggered the update for my GW46mm BT. After installation I changed the code back to PHN (The Netherlands).
Wanna try? I found instructions here:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/forum....-how-to-change-gear-s3-r760-csc-t3784226/amp/
A few remarks:
*changing the CSC code resets your watch, so make a backup first.
*after enabling Debugging on your watch, restart it before you try to connect your watch to your PC.
*as mentioned above by someone, the update has rolled out in different countries for different models of the watch. Make sure that you know the CSC code for which the firmware for your watch model has been rolled out.

Do you know if this works with LTE version?

Peter621022

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Do you know if this works with LTE version?

I am quite sure it will, Malachijd, although I think it is not for everyone, since connectign your watch to your PC using SDB doesn't always work immediately (as it didn't with my watch). If connection fails you have to wait for the official update, so in that aspect nothing can go really wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa