What cases have you found?

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Spigen seems to have the only ones that cover the spine, but there is no kick stand from what I can tell... and the one with the major spine protector is like $80. -_- I guess cases for $10 are out the window.

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Just looking to see what people have found or previously used for the fold.
I'm currently looking at the UAG civilian

Yeah, used these on my ZF2: the "Ringke Slim" case, a "Humixx Phone Ring Holder, Cell Phone Finger Stand", with a "Bargains Depot New 5mm High-Sensivity Fiber Tip Capacitive Stylus Dual-tip Universal Touchscreen Pen" and haven't looked back!
Ordered Samsung's Folio case w/Spen with the ZF3 and if don't like will explore the same set up on my ZF2 (sans that pen) as Ringke already has cases out for the ZF3!
BTW: all on Amazon. Good luck... ✌

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
What about the expensive Aramid case from Samsung?

I almost got that with the preorder bonuses but decided that I would probably find another case to use. It's otherwise the nicest case I liked the most of all of their options, however. $50, though....

Blasted_1

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I think I'll go the Ringke just to have something. I have stands at the office and home to hold it if really need to.

Everything else is so freakin' expensive and not available right now unless I want to pay extra for shipping!

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I’ve found Ringke to be best with my experience in ZF2 ..only issues plenty of cases all brands made the swipe from side edge panel hit or miss when folded …

Last edited:

missionsparta

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
So explain this to me with that case....the picture shows no hinge protection on their web site, but the description clearly states hinge protection.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone going to get that Spigen thin armor pro case that covers the hinge? I haven't seen many cases covering the hinge and I would consider it but that said, I've never spent that much on a case before... $80? I also never owned a phone like this before either. What I did do is I did order (and receive) the VRS Quick Stand Pro case mostly because of the kickstand but no hinge protection. But I like how it looks. I might return it if I find something better that I like.

Or maybe hinge protection is overkill considering it's supposed to be this aluminum metal or whatever it is called - haha. I'm thinking more of trying to prevent sand and dust from getting in the hinge and even though hinge protectors can actually trap stuff in as opposed to just protect - I still would feel more comfortable with something over it.

Anyway, holding the VRS case gave me for the first time gave me the feel of how the phone will be in my hand and wow, it's narrow. LOL I am so used to big screens and knowing I will be using the cover screen most of the time - I do wonder if I will adjust to it. Will I find it hard to type using cover screen?

Going back to cases - it seems like most/many of these cases have adhesive they recommend putting on to secure the case to the phone. Folks who experienced this with the z fold 2 - how essentially did you find it to use these stickers? I sometimes like to change my cases around and I can see it getting to be a problem with the stickers. Are the pieces of the case that easy to come off?

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone going to get that Spigen thin armor pro case that covers the hinge? I haven't seen many cases covering the hinge and I would consider it but that said, I've never spent that much on a case before... $80? I also never owned a phone like this before either. What I did do is I did order (and receive) the VRS Quick Stand Pro case mostly because of the kickstand but no hinge protection. But I like how it looks. I might return it if I find something better that I like.

Or maybe hinge protection is overkill considering it's supposed to be this aluminum metal or whatever it is called - haha. I'm thinking more of trying to prevent sand and dust from getting in the hinge and even though hinge protectors can actually trap stuff in as opposed to just protect - I still would feel more comfortable with something over it.

Anyway, holding the VRS case gave me for the first time gave me the feel of how the phone will be in my hand and wow, it's narrow. LOL I am so used to big screens and knowing I will be using the cover screen most of the time - I do wonder if I will adjust to it. Will I find it hard to type using cover screen?

Going back to cases - it seems like most/many of these cases have adhesive they recommend putting on to secure the case to the phone. Folks who experienced this with the z fold 2 - how essentially did you find it to use these stickers? I sometimes like to change my cases around and I can see it getting to be a problem with the stickers. Are the pieces of the case that easy to come off?

Hey there!
Been a ZF2 user and don't miss my Note series phones. They were getting wide!
YES it will be a muscle memory learning curve if you end up using the outer display, (I do about 40% of the time).
Didn't go crazy with the cases as the weight and girth of the device was big enough thanks... ended up with Ringke (AMZ) and have dropped this device, sat with it in my back pocket for hours, and use a nylon tipped touch screen stylus since the day of unboxing.
The case comes with adhesive edges which when you take the case off (to clean body etc) it won't "stick" again. Wasn't a problem as their cases are well designed.
Real world usage with this device has been great, even though gestures were a pain in the beginning with the case's raised edges. You'll get used to it. The spine of this device is the strongest part. Mine's been naked and have had no problems. Oh, and it was splashed with water and survived just fine.
Finally, most of the peeps who have unkempt words, negation, and judgey reviews re: foldables are usually the ones who haven't gotten over the loss of removable batteries, SD cards, and have their specific preferences. Don't know if the device is the future... and I'm in; actually don't carry my laptop on business trips, etc., anymore as this device handles what I need from spread sheets, to short video editing, and DEX is the sxxt on hotel room flat screens!
Try it and you may never go back! LoL
Good Luck.
Peace
PS: you'll want a stand for your longer viewing pleasure... Kaforise Long Arm Floor Stand for Phone Tablet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0778FVQ5...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6970195

UState

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site
Excited for this phone to get here!

Couple questions -

Has anyone found a case with a ring/loop on the back that they are getting?

I'm coming from a Note 10+ and the unfolded size seems interesting to handle, and of course always worried about drops.

I pre-ordered and got the Samsung case with spen holder, but don't love the flip cover. Are there any other cases that offer an spen holder?

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Excited for this phone to get here!

Couple questions -

Has anyone found a case with a ring/loop on the back that they are getting?

I'm coming from a Note 10+ and the unfolded size seems interesting to handle, and of course always worried about drops.

I pre-ordered and got the Samsung case with spen holder, but don't love the flip cover. Are there any other cases that offer an spen holder?

Hey there!
No, no case with a ring, though this was my set up as used on my ZF2 (coming from N10+ too): the "Ringke Slim" case, a "Humixx Phone Ring Holder, Cell Phone Finger Stand", with a "Bargains Depot New 5mm High-Sensivity Fiber Tip Capacitive Stylus Dual-tip Universal Touchscreen Pen"; all via AMZ. All has been good. Good luck👍

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I was on the mobile fun website looking at cases for the z fold 3 and I found this clear case with hinge protector that has slot for the spen. I don't know anything about the brand. My thing is the part that holds spen don't seem to cover much of the spen like the original case from Samsung with spen that I got as a freebie for pre-ordering does. I be afraid that it would fall out easily. I could be wrong tho lol. I'm actually thinking about getting it since it would show off the green on fold 3 and the front display won't be covered like the Samsung case. Here is a link for anyone curious to see it. Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like it has 2 hinge protectors. Like one just to cover the hinge and one to snap on for when carrying spen.

https://www.mobilefun.com/araree-nukin-360p-samsung-galaxy-z-fold-3-case-crystal-clear-86005

Here is another site that has a few more pics and says it is in stock. I see now it has these little notches or whatever you want to call them in the hinge protector and at the bottom of the page it shows you having to slide it out. Well both sites show it. Anyone order from this site before? Good place to buy from?

https://zoarah.com/araree-nukin-360-hinge-guard-case-for-galaxy-z-fold-3-5g.html

Last edited: