Screen delay with overlay active... anyone else?

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
So, I have been using the A12 update for a bit now. I noticed this right after the update but was hit with "The Rona" for a week or so, so did not have a chance to post this until now.

I use FB Messenger to talk to some friends and family and when I have the Chat Bubble Overlay on and I do anything with FB Messenger, there is a delay before the screen will respond to ANY touch input.

Meaning, if I chat and close the chat to the floating bubble, it can take up to 2-3 seconds for the screen to start responding. It even happens when I just move the chat bubble (not dismiss or remove it).

If I remove it (drag to the bottom), then the issue goes away.

I don't have any other apps that overlay the screen, so I cannot comment on other apps, but this is the only app I have noticed this on.

Wondering if it was just me or what.

I have cleared Cache on:

• Phone (Cleared via Bootloader)
  • OneUI App
  • FB Messenger
  • (Note: I do NOT have the FB app installed)

Thanks!

Sea_Block2022

Jan 26, 2022
Visit site
Sounds like it could just be something with the app. Have you un/reinstalled it? After clearing the cache, I would play around with the Chat overlay bubble and if you are still experiencing the lag, send an error report through Samsung Members app. Send it within 30 minutes of reproducing your issue because sending an error report also sends logs of your device which will have details about any issues.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Clear data in Facebook messenger and then force stop.it resets it , if still continues then try same fir One UI launcher

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana