You can purchase the S on Verizon....

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
On the phone with my local verizon guy. He says he has some but was told he cant sell them yet because there is an issue with the price of 399.00. According to him they are making it a cheaper price!

collett

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
On the phone with my local verizon guy. He says he has some but was told he cant sell them yet because there is an issue with the price of 399.00. According to him they are making it a cheaper price!

Hope he's right. I really, really, really want one, but just can't justify the price today.

jspring86

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
The $5 a month is the same whether you are on contract or not. The $349 is for a two year contract, its $399 without. The ETF is up to $175, just like a tablet. I specifically ask if I could later transfer a tablet to this line if I decided I didn't need the data on the Gear S eventually, and they said you can indeed do that.

Kmclove14

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Must be a YMMV. I walked into Verizon today and got it for $373 off contract. I can cancel at any time but by adding it, it saved $15 off of my plan so I ended up saving money on my bill. Win!

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I just tried to buy one. They said they wouldn't sell it to me with out activating it. I don't need the data on it so I don't want the extra line. I then decide to go ahead and buy it, add the line and then cancel it. But when they look up my account they say I can't have any add on devices on my old school unlimited plan. They want me to ditch my unlimited plan, thanks but no thanks.
Now I'm waiting in line at AT&T to see if they will let my buy one outright.

Damien J

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Yea...I walked in yesterday & they held the only one for me. I wish i could get it activated on VZ, Im told the GSM version wont work on VZ & Sprint.