Gear S Watch Faces

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
What watch face do you use. I colorful one eats a lot more battery than a simple black and white.

My wife has a Putin face, and true to form he pulls all the power when allowed. So he is only allowed out on special occasions.

I created my own through watch styler and it is a colorful face as well. I use the Infinity watch face as well... My brightness is not all the way up I am inside most of the time and my watch rings and vibrates when I get a message.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I stopped using my S since I got Pujie Black on my G Watch. Amazing watch face.

Posted via the Android Central App

I stopped using my S when the charging cradle broke and the new one is almost $50. But I have the 360 and really like it. I liked it before I upgraded to the S and I like it now.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I stopped using my S when the charging cradle broke and the new one is almost $50. But I have the 360 and really like it. I liked it before I upgraded to the S and I like it now.
Interesting, am I reading correctly? You would rather let a $400 watch sit idle than to spend the money on a new charger?

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
So here is my creation. I used Adobe Illustrator to create the metallic background and the blue metal circle and then imported it into Watch styler to do the rest.

Now I'm liking the device more than the moto 360 since the possibilities of watch faces are pretty much endless.

Attachments

• Screen-20150319154924.jpg
    Screen-20150319154924.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 211

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Gear S Charging Cradle
Got an email earlier in the week that they're back in stock
Ones on eBay without the spare battery go for about half the price of the oem one.

I am going to ship the old one back to Samsung so, I hope they give me another. I wound up ordering one off of Ebay for about $15 as a backup before reading what you posted above. It has the Samsung label on it and its considered, "remanufactured".

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Here is another that I created in photoshop and then imported it into Illustrator and then brought it into Watch styler.

Attachments

• Screen-20150320100705.jpg
    Screen-20150320100705.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 208

moody1940

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I made this one love my O's

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-22-18-10-13-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-22-18-10-13-1.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 192

kieso

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
So here is my creation. I used Adobe Illustrator to create the metallic background and the blue metal circle and then imported it into Watch styler to do the rest.

Now I'm liking the device more than the moto 360 since the possibilities of watch faces are pretty much endless.

Using an android phone on this site I never see attachments in the post. All I see is a nonclickable paperclip with attached images next to it. Anyone know how to resolve this? I'd like to see the watch face you made.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Using an android phone on this site I never see attachments in the post. All I see is a nonclickable paperclip with attached images next to it. Anyone know how to resolve this? I'd like to see the watch face you made.

Are you signed into your account?

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Infinity Icon, 3 , 9, 5, and 7 o'clock have shortcut keys over them set with 100% transparency.
For some reason the camera made the red look orange on the minutes.

Adobe photoshop and illustrator.
View attachment 156683

For the numbers in the 3,6, 9 and 12 positions as well as the minutes, you created those in Adobe as an image before bringing them into Watchstyler, right? I could not find a way to make the minutes appear in Watchstyler in a rectangular fashion.

Last edited:

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm signed in. I'm using a note edge. It's the same if I use the samsung browser and chrome

I have a Note Edge and use the Android Central app and it downloads the pictures. Maybe you should try and download the Android Central app from the Playstore and login into the app that way. Besides the Android Central app is much easier to navigate around the forums IMO.

Jay B2

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
I really like your designs and thank you for letting us know about how you used Photoshop and Illustrator. I was actually just looking for new clocks for my Gear S and thought I should just make my own since I'm a designer and use those programs everyday. What clock/watch face program did you use, sounds like it would work just fine.

Thank you again,
-J

Jay B2

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
I used adobe illustrator and photoshop to make the watch face and then used watch styler app. It's a first attempt.There is also two hidden short cut buttons. ( basically the short cut keys are the same color as the background or you can set the transparency to 100% after positioning.)

Thought this info would help as far as designing something custom.

View attachment 156562

made with adobe illustrator and photoshop
View attachment 156563
View attachment 156564

I really like your designs and thank you for letting us know about how you used Photoshop and Illustrator. I was actually just looking for new clocks for my Gear S and thought I should just make my own since I'm a designer and use those programs everyday. What clock/watch face program did you use, sounds like it would work just fine.

Thank you again,
-J

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

Thank you again,
-J

After you create the design in illustrator or photoshop, save is as a Jpeg. Then open up the watch slyer program and import the JPEG. From there, you will create the hands, shortcuts and such from within Watchstyler.

There are also other watch faces in the gearfaces.com website.

Stevies

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm a huge Tag Heuer fan and intend to recreate the Monaco v4 for the Gear S but in the meantime I've got the length of the Monaco Gulf Edition. I created it in Illustrator and then used Watch Styler to add the hands and three invisible shortcuts to the homescreen.

I've attached the blank watch face as a JPEG from Illustrator and also a screen shot from my watch. I've since moved the date box slightly so that it lines up better.

Monaco Steve McQueen to come and also maybe some Richard Mille faces as well.

Stevie
MonacoGulf.jpg
Screen-20150424095101.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress