Gear S and Note 3

kirkturk

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I had the Gear S when it first came out, and really didn't like that it didn't have that many apps for it. Well now my wife is trying to find something for me for are Anniversary. I over heard her talking to friend about the Gear S and I wanted to know, has there been any changes since it first came out? And also did the update for the Note 3 help it in anyway with working with the watch..

Thank you in advance
Kirkturk

quangtran1

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
All notifications that come to the phone are passed on to the Gear S. Were you missing certain notifications the first time you had the Gear?

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Can you tell me what all notification you get on the watch from your phone?
The last firmware update for the S added much in the way of functionality to it.
There still aren't a gazillion apps to go with it other than watch faces but what is keeping me intrigued are the ones that have standalone capability or enhance it. Gear Notification Extender (from Play Store) works when remotely connected so you can use aftermarket text/email apps and have reply capability when not tethered to the phone. With that app if it shows in your notification bar on your phone, it forwards to the S, no matter the notification. User settable of course. Then there's a standalone navigation app, note taking type apps, etc. Other than Tapatalk I really don't need to wake my phone anymore, just mostly do so out of habit or when using its camera or gallery. I use Bluetooth headphones with the standalone music player as well as a Whisper for phone calls when not using the Circles.
Again it might not have the plethora of apps yet, and might not ever, the ones available seem to make sense for what the watch was designed for, a standalone capable device.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89