Anybody had this problem before?

Franks90-S

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
So I have had my Gear S for almost a week. I'm enjoy it.

However today I noticed this strange mark over the top right corner. It looks like a fingerprint/moisture mark but under the screen. The area looks slightly discolored from the rest of the watch. Wiping it with my finger makes it worse, making it more visible. However if I use a piece of newspaper over it, the mark totally disappears. As soon as I touch the same area though with my finger though, it fog up all over.

Is this moisture under the screen? A Crack under the screen? The watch has never been in contact with water or dropped/banged.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1370.jpg
    1370.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Um, did you remove the plastic film screen protector which was probably on the watch when you first unpacked it?

Sorry, but I have to ask these things.

If that is not the problem, I'd quickly return the watch for a warranty replacement.

Franks90-S

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Haha yeah I removed it when I unpacked it :).

Hmm looks like I will have to return it.

Thanks for your quick response, hopefully my replacement one will last longer!

DonShock

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I had a strange mark appear on my screen that was similar, but mine was in the middle of the upper area of the screen instead of the edge. When I looked more closely, I could see the screen pulling away from the watch at the edge. At the same time, the watch bean getting very hot and not taking a charge. Sent it in for a warranty repair and it was replaced entirely. The only headache was that my Gear Manager had no way to delete the old one when I set up the new one. So now there's always 2 choices listed and I have to remember which is the current one since they were named similarly.
20150703_174043.jpg

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Don is there anyway to clear the Gear Manager and start fresh for the newer device? Interesting to say the least.

Franks90-S

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Thought I would update this...

After 4 weeks of Samsung failing to reply to my emails, they have just confirmed that they will not be refunding or replacing my watch as they can't replicate the problem. :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty