Opinion on Connected vs. bluetooth

weiss1173

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I bought the BT version the other day assuming the the connected version would be too costly. Now I find out that the Verizon 3G costs only $50 more without a contract. Like I had with the data plan on my iPad, I did not use it much at all, but it was handy in case I needed it.

I would like to know your opinion if I should return this one and the 3G. I work in an environment that does not allow cell phones, but it sounds like it would be convenient for times when I go running or forget my phone; being able to just activate the 3G when needed. I am not sure which is cheaper, but I could use it on my Verizon account or on my brother's ATT.

Anyone make the switch? I want to stick with the sport watch and not the classic. Verizon stores do not show any available, but local AT&T has them.

cocob89

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Bought the 3G Verizon model at Best Buy a week ago. I rarely use it connected but I wanted the 3G model so I could answer calls. I like the idea of having it ready to be activated on my account in the event I do leave my phone somewhere though. Maybe one day I'll activate it and give it a go but for now bluetooth pairing is enough for me. The question I'd ask myself if I were you is do I need the speaker capability? If not then no need to switch :)

Posted via the Android Central App

weiss1173

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
As I understand, if I do not use it connected, I should get the same battery life. I like the idea of having the speaker and answering calls. I guess I will be heading to the store today.

I am hoping that they offer the Verizon model for the same $99 with contract that AT&T does.

weiss1173

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
To close this thread, I found one at the local Verizon store and am returning the BT model. Bestbuy did not have them for Verizon and told me they are not selling them yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress