Streaming music over cellular?

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
So I am getting a note seven and don't want to bring it with me when I exercise, since it is so big. I use Google play music as my streaming service, which I am assuming the s2 won't do. Do any streaming services work with the watch when the phone is not on me? I'm assuming audible will be a no go? I know it has onboard storage, but I'd rather steam over data since I no longer really buy much music anymore. Wondering if the gear watch is the right option for me.

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
So I am getting a note seven and don't want to bring it with me when I exercise, since it is so big. I use Google play music as my streaming service, which I am assuming the s2 won't do. Do any streaming services work with the watch when the phone is not on me? I'm assuming audible will be a no go? I know it has onboard storage, but I'd rather steam over data since I no longer really buy much music anymore. Wondering if the gear watch is the right option for me.

Used to have Milk Music as an option but that is no longer supported. Supposed to be getting Spotify soon but I haven't seen that app yet.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunate.... So Samsung has gorgeous hardware, especially with the upcoming s3, but lacking the Android apps. The Android wear has strengths with the apps, but to date has nothing that wows me on hardware. Sigh, guess I will keep waiting.

Sucks that milk is gone, and who named that for god's sake, since it removes a key component on the actual watch.

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunate.... So Samsung has gorgeous hardware, especially with the upcoming s3, but lacking the Android apps. The Android wear has strengths with the apps, but to date has nothing that wows me on hardware. Sigh, guess I will keep waiting.

Sucks that milk is gone, and who named that for god's sake, since it removes a key component on the actual watch.

The S3 LTE edition is definitely going to have Spotify. Just have to wait for an update on the S2 to get it. But at the rate Verizon updates this thing, the Gear S9 might be out by then.